Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: great MISS old boy

Established Poster
    Blog Entries

great MISS old boy

I was out round the ponds I shoot ducks over and saw 2 young Foxes carrying a duck over the field next to pond so I started to squeak and the one carrying the duck carried on past the other screeched to a holt had a quick sniff. I put 3 3.5inch bb in and carried on squeaking it can chargeing over and stoped about 30 yard away I squeaked quieter and it carried on towards me.it stopped about 10 yard away so I fetched thegun up and bang it ran off I was that shocked I nearly threw the gun at it. Didnt get a shot as it was running off as it was arse on. Out first thing tomorrow and tomorrow night if I need to. I will stop him laughing. Using u caller tomorrow as I dont think I will squeak him I again.

Established Poster
    Blog Entries
    Got him this morning

Excellent . How on earth do you think you missed him? Have done a similar thing before and have been so shocked I have not been able to respond for a few seconds.

Established Poster
    Blog Entries
    I cannot explain it I even put a beetroot 30 yard away and blasting it the only thing I can thing maybe a dodge cartridge or something. Not makeing excuses.

Did a similar thing by only putting a few bb's in a fox with a low shot which charged of good style and started to slow about 100 yards away then sat down, wasn't happy but it expired shortly after.

It will be a heat of the moment clear miss happens to everyone at some time, the fact you cleared it up shows it was a miss as otherwise they usually go a certain distance before expiring. We had one on a fox drive this year went about 300 yards and expired just short of the local pub, when it went past me on the brow of a hill towards the walking guns I'd have sworn it wasn't hit at all.

i was walking a feild of beet with three of us in a line,
    fox got up at about 15-20yds and ran down the entire line, taking 6 shots on its way....not one of us hit him.

sugarbeet exploding all around him holywood style!!

heat of the moment

Quote Originally Posted by bigadam View Post
    I cannot explain it I even put a beetroot 30 yard away and blasting it the only thing I can thing maybe a dodge cartridge or something. Not makeing excuses.
    I've done a similar thing a couple of times with a shotgun. I've shot well over rabbits sitting 5-10 yds away. I aim at their feet now when they are really close. Regards JCS

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    i was walking a feild of beet with three of us in a line,
    fox got up at about 15-20yds and ran down the entire line, taking 6 shots on its way....not one of us hit him.

sugarbeet exploding all around him holywood style!!

heat of the moment
    Terrible shooting I call it