Thread: Advice Please - Tikka M65 Value

Advice Please - Tikka M65 Value

Folks,

I have to part with my much loved rifle but dont know what a fair asking price would be. Details are as follows:

Rifle - Tikka M65 in calibre 25-06 with wooden stock, complete with bases and scope rings (30mm). Scope and Bipod are not included in the sale.
    Moderator -
    Wildcat 8 in calibre .257 and is on ticket. You'll need the authority and relevant slot on your cert. to purchase.
    Dies - RCBS
    Brass -I've just replaced the brass. Its only been loaded once.

So, what would be a fair asking price?

Pics below:

Tikka ! 25-06 ! Nice clean condition ! --- Assuming it shoots good groups & has no hidden problems --- This sale must really be breaking your heart! DON'T DO IT!!!
    M55 /65 rifles were better than all the more recent Tikkas (no plastic in the build) and the action is one of the very best for use as a doner or for simple rebarrelling. So that will keep the price up.
    Price will depend on state of barrel wear and state of bolt face / lugs etc. It's got a good looking bit of wood & it looks in good nick so it's got to be at least the same value as a M595 or a T3 or a Sako or even a bit more to the right person all IMHO of course!

​Ian

Bit of a rarity. The only M65 in .25-06 I've ever seen in the UK & Scandinavia was at Fife Fieldsports. Tikka only turned out this cal. in M65 for a couple of years with the standard stock (S/No around 89*** at a guess?).

Not the most popular calibre, but with all the bits it's worth c. 400.
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.

If you have a look on german "egun.de" youll see prices from EUR 400 to 700.

Ive shot my one (bad condition) for EUR 350. But after some DIY work on stock and system the rifle is another heart breaker...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	m55_260rem_002gbfps.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	16.3 KB 
ID:	28742

And Im so happy to have some brand-new magazines.

Name:	tikka_m55_mount_andmaeridp.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	35.1 KB 
ID:	28743

What Im looking for is a scope mount similar to the the SAS Sniper Rifle I saw on the australian webpage.

Quote Originally Posted by scoromongo View Post
    If you have a look on german "egun.de" youll see prices from EUR 400 to 700.

Ive shot my one (bad condition) for EUR 350. But after some DIY work on stock and system the rifle is another heart breaker...

Name:	m55_260rem_002gbfps.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	16.3 KB 
ID:	28742

And Im so happy to have some brand-new magazines.

Name:	tikka_m55_mount_andmaeridp.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	35.1 KB 
ID:	28743

What Im looking for is a scope mount similar to the the SAS Sniper Rifle I saw on the australian webpage.
    where did you get the magazines?

Quote Originally Posted by scoromongo View Post
    I bought them here.
    I just got an M65 Sport in very tired condition . I need two magazines but I am having some difficulty find ing any in Britain ,do you have the name / email of a supplier in Germany ?

A wholesaler is "Manfred Albert GmbH". But Ive got mine elsewhere. It was a lucky pull.