Thread: Sauer 202

Sauer 202

Can anyone tell me if the barrel on a 202 is meant to be free floating.

Mine seems to touch the very front of the fore-end on the bottom of the barrel when i have the mod on there. Ive tightened the fixing screw up so its not that making the difference.

Dan

Mine is certainly free floating, but does not wear a mod.

If I have one criticism of the 202, it is that the forend is a little too slim. It looks and handles great, but there is a bit of flex in it.

Thats exactly my feeling of the 202, very nice in the hand and looks really good but im not 100% confident about the fore-end clearance especially with a moderator on there (both under and to the sides).

I suppose time and a few more rounds will tell if it makes a difference or not because at the moment im even thinking about changing it to something like a sako / tikka or even a Howa

Dan

Mine has at least 2.5-3mm clearance all round i can get a doubled up piece of silicon cloth between the fore end and barrel easily,sounds like the fore end is warped can't imagine the weight of a moderator would cause it to touch.A job for a bit of sand paper by the sounds of it, i'm assuming it is wood.
    ATB Neil

Mossy I wouldn't give up yet. Just about all factory rifles have problems with free floating. I'd bed the action and free out the barrel channel.
    The softer the stock the more clearence between barrel and stock.
    edi

You can't bed the action on a sauer its a solid unit already the fore end only attaches to it,the only other way to alter it would be to alter the fitment to the action but i dont know if thats possible and i wouln't like to try it myself,a gunsmith might know.
    Neil

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnraider
    You can't bed the action on a sauer its a solid unit already the fore end only attaches to it,the only other way to alter it would be to alter the fitment to the action but i dont know if thats possible and i wouln't like to try it myself,a gunsmith might know.
    Neil
    Ya, I can picture it now.
    You are right.
    Thank god I can't afford these euro rifles.
    edi