Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Pro Chrono Chronograph - any good and where to get one.

  1. #1

    Pro Chrono Chronograph - any good and where to get one.

    Gents,

    Having used our clubs Pro Chrono a couple of weeks ago to test the velocity of my homeloads and some factory .17Rem ammunition I was very impressed with its ease of use compared to other units I have used previously. I have looked online and the reviews generally tend to be good, considering they are available for around 100.


    I'd appreciate any additional input from forum members regarding opinions and also where I might get one please? I saw them advertised at Countryman of Derby for 99.95 delivered but they are out of stock and not expecting any in any time soon.

    Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    I got mine from Bushwear 115 ish, possibly cheaper elsewhere but I added it to some other stuff that I was buying anyway. There was a similar s/h one on Ebay that sold for around 90 at that time but at that sort of price I would rather buy new for the full warranty & consumer protection.

    It seems to be very easy to use but I do have a slight fear of sending a .243 bullet into the chrono rather than over it! atb Tim

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by timbrayford View Post

    I do have a slight fear of sending a .243 bullet into the chrono rather than over it! atb Tim
    And the amount of fear is proportional to the depth of your pocket
    Maybe why I'm twice as

    Neil.

  4. #4
    I saw one sold recently on ebay for around 90 plus post - as you say crackers when you could buy new one. Thanks for the info - I'll be having a ring round today to try and find one.

  5. #5
    SD Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Herefordshire, Hampshire or Essex
    Posts
    2,743
    If I remember rightly Spud 1967 has them? Could be wrong.....
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by timbrayford View Post
    I got mine from Bushwear 115 ish, possibly cheaper elsewhere but I added it to some other stuff that I was buying anyway. There was a similar s/h one on Ebay that sold for around 90 at that time but at that sort of price I would rather buy new for the full warranty & consumer protection.

    It seems to be very easy to use but I do have a slight fear of sending a .243 bullet into the chrono rather than over it! atb Tim
    Don't have that issue with a MagnetoSpeed... a bit more expensive but up and running in 30 seconds, no need to worry about shooting it and no need for light... artificial or otherwise!

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Vipa View Post
    Don't have that issue with a MagnetoSpeed... a bit more expensive but up and running in 30 seconds, no need to worry about shooting it and no need for light... artificial or otherwise!
    Is that the one that costs 300 ish? I saw a good review for one but for occasional use I went for the lesser option. atb Tim

  8. #8
    magnetospeeed v2 335

    prochrono in stock next week
    Official Sponsor to Team GB F Class

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by 1967spud View Post
    magnetospeeed v2 335

    prochrono in stock next week
    What's the difference between the Magneto V1 and the V2 Mark ?

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by belowaverageiq View Post
    What's the difference between the Magneto V1 and the V2 Mark ?
    V1 System

    • Simple design works for most rifle and shotgun applications
    • works on barrels up to 1.0" in diameter
    • small and compact
    • heavily relies on controller settings when mount diameters approach 1.0"

    V2 System

    • works on barrels/suppressors up to 2.0" in diameter
    • adapts such that the sensor deck can be close to bullet edge
    • uses spacer shims to accomplish adaptation
    • blast beam is stretched 1" for larger brakes
    • rubber heat shield for strap included (suppressors)
    • alignment stick included to aid in spacer setup
    • hard plastic custom case included (fits either V1 & V2 bayo sensors)

Similar Threads

  1. For Sale Pro Chrono Digital Chronograph
    By 1967spud in forum Reloading
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-04-2013, 13:31
  2. Chrono'd some of my loads...
    By Tom D in forum Ammunition, Reloading & Ballistics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-04-2013, 17:28
  3. For Sale Chrono
    By Lord muck in forum Other Shooting Equipment
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 22-02-2013, 19:32
  4. Chrony Chrono
    By ezzy6.5 in forum Ammunition, Reloading & Ballistics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 17-08-2011, 19:05
  5. chrono
    By tolley in forum Ammunition, Reloading & Ballistics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 18-10-2010, 18:00

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •