AOLQ now available in Hert's & Bed's

Lateral

Just had a variation with AOLQ now applied. They said that it's because they are starting to standardize across the country.

Seems like things are starting to move in the right direction.

Mark.

Interesting Herts have been fine for me over the years but I guess this covers everything, at the moment mine reads deer and pests for all guns which covers most things as well! They are definitely one of the better forces

Just had a variation with AOLQ now applied. They said that it's because they are starting to standardize across the country.

Seems like things are starting to move in the right direction.

Mark.
Me too with Derbyshire, it arrived the other day after the deer side or my ticket been opened and only four days turn around! but don't know how long they have been applying AOLQ!

Garry.

I have just had a comedy variation through on mine, for a .243.

1)for fox and AOLQ for the relevant calibre
2)MAY ALSO be used for deer for the purposes of DSC1 between x date and y date.

So the first one allows me to shoot deer as I have .243 on the license and therefore deer are legal quarry.
The second one say i may also (note not may only) use the .243 for deer on a certain date (and as far as i know I won't be shooting at any deer on my DSC1).

I think they just don't really understand WTF it's all about and probably aren't that bothered whether it is either right or inconveniences anyone.

In fairness they sent a comps slip saying return it after DSC1 and they'll take that condition off, but it is an entire irrelevance as far as I can see!

Will

after a bit of a battle got mine in essex
and requesting aolq on all rifles and getting as requested within 4 days cert came back well done essex:thumb:
but 308 only to be used at x land with y agent for wild boar/ferrel pigs /deer fox then go's on to say and any land that i feel its ok as i have an open cert !
so left hand says only when on land x with y and right hand says any land i feel fit to shot aolq in same sentence confused:doh:
but hay ho i tend to look at it like the rail service its getting there:rofl:

Last edited:
There are still on going issues/confusion with the AOLQ authority. "Conditions" take presedence over everything else, so even having AOLQ, but a condition excluding deer, don't shoot deer.

More confusing, The Met consider AOLQ means just that, and when a friend was trying to get Boar added just before they started AOLQ. They wanted proof of where he would be shooting them. When he pointed out that they were now conditioning AOLQ, so he didn't need to give proof, they agreed, and just added it, but Herts, & Beds list your biggest quarry, and you can shoot anything smaller ! So on my current FAC only lists Boar, deer having been removed.

I've always found Herts, & Beds fantastic to deal with. They are helpful, realistic, and have always turned things around very quickly.

I was informed by our local FAO last week that Durham const aren't implementing the new guidelines until July, after that it'll all be AOLQ.

Got my FAC back today from Beds & Herts after a variation and it states "Wild Boar or any other legal quarry" :thumb:

Do we not ask about fox and .22RF ?

Got my FAC back today from Beds & Herts after a variation and it states "Wild Boar or any other legal quarry" :thumb:

Do we not ask about fox and .22RF ?

If used responsibly, what's the problem with .22rf on fox? I shoot between ten and fifteen foxes a year with the .22 around my release pens in snares for which there is no finer tool. With close attention to shot placement and a bit of discretion applied to range, they kill them perfectly well out to n yards out in the open too.
The current animal welfare laws mean if you take an irresponsible shot then you're already guilty of an offence so I think AOLQ is perfectly relevant for .22rf too.

Back