Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Varget powder

Varget powder

Is anyone else experiancing difficulty in getting powders and bullets? Specifically Varget and Nosler BT 150grn in .30cal. I've just bought the last two tubs of powder and the last two boxes of bullets from the dealers around me, not only did I have to hunt them down, I'm told they're not expecting any more for quite some time and it's apparently the same accross the country.

Yep , 7 month wait here

I was searching for Varget for 6 weeks and managed to pick some up in Northampton. The guys there were selling a maximum of two tubs per person and didn't expect to be getting any more deliveries this year!

Just popped into my local shop he sold 6 tubs to one greedy sod last week. Non left now and no expected delivery date.
    "If you can't see it, you can't shoot it"

I can't remember where I heard it
    But a dealer last week said that the next shipment of Varget wont be until 2014!

Cant get any here either.Need some urgently.

​Andy
    Hunting isn't just something I do it's part of who I am

I got bushwears last tub on sat...

Nutty

Quote Originally Posted by walkabout View Post
    I can't remember where I heard it
    But a dealer last week said that the next shipment of Varget wont be until 2014!
    I was told the same mid 2014, got a tub and three quarters left so I might squeeze through not got much reloader 25 though so if anyone sees any on your travels I would appreciate a heads up thanks Df

I've just emailed Hodgson re the national shortages, I cc'd in Edgar Brothers too as the main importer but their email account from their website doesn't exist.

I think if we all did the same they might just take notice?!?!
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not using it in a fruit salad.

Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they never get it wrong.

Things look like they are going to get worse as the shortages really kick in now
    Just bought the last 2 powders a local shop had today and will be 10-12 months before they receive any more thats what importers have told them.

Sad state of affairs when shops have empty shelves and no delivery expected for maybe a year.
    Too Old Soon Too Late Smart