Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Saki finfire mounts

  1. #1

    Saki finfire mounts

    What mounts do people have fitted on sako .22 rfs? I have the sako rf mounts (the ones that come in the blue box).

    I intended to fit a set of optilocks I have, but the mounting system is not the same as on the full bore rifles so I can't.

    Any views on the sako rf mounts would also be appreciated.

  2. #2
    Bob,

    Mine has parallel rails (can't remember the width) so I've got a cheap pair of aluminium airgun mounts on it. They seem to work ok.

    Cheers,

    Bob

  3. #3
    i used these on my finnfire , any 11mm mounts will do though, these are very nice
    http://www.bkltech.com/BKL-1-Bolt-Ac...ount-p/bkl-261.

    dont think the link is working to be honest, just google bkl onepiece rimfire mounts

    cheers
    craig

  4. #4
    the ones that came with the scope

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Bob View Post
    What mounts do people have fitted on sako .22 rfs? I have the sako rf mounts (the ones that come in the blue box).

    I intended to fit a set of optilocks I have, but the mounting system is not the same as on the full bore rifles so I can't.

    Any views on the sako rf mounts would also be appreciated.
    If i recall right (it has been a good few years since i bought a new finnfire ) they are single screw aluminium , fairly cheap and flimsy .As has been posted already they are 'standard' .22rf dovetail , any decent quality (double screw if alu') 11-13mm dovetail mounts will do , i prefer Hilver / Lynx /Tasco steel rings .It might be 'just' a rimfire but if the mounts are not solid you will still miss .

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by wivenhoe65 View Post
    If i recall right (it has been a good few years since i bought a new finnfire ) they are single screw aluminium , fairly cheap and flimsy .As has been posted already they are 'standard' .22rf dovetail , any decent quality (double screw if alu') 11-13mm dovetail mounts will do , i prefer Hilver / Lynx /Tasco steel rings .It might be 'just' a rimfire but if the mounts are not solid you will still miss .
    They are not flimsy. I am not worried about them being solid, just about damaging the scope. I guess I have been seduced by all this optilocks stuff, either that or I am getting old!

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Bob View Post
    They are not flimsy. I am not worried about them being solid, just about damaging the scope. I guess I have been seduced by all this optilocks stuff, either that or I am getting old!
    I know about the getting old bit ....
    The only other rings that use inserts are the Burris Signature rings - but they don't do a rf dovetail version (as far as i know) , they do do a weaver type though , not ideal but if you used a rf dovetail to weaver rail adaptor the Burris rings would be useable.

  8. #8
    If you're damaging the scope through mounting you're doing it wrong.
    You could use a single wrap of electrical tape if you're really worried.

Similar Threads

  1. Saki 75
    By Tree Doctor in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-08-2012, 19:04
  2. Wanted Saki trg 22
    By lambsey in forum Firearms
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-08-2012, 19:29
  3. For Sale Sako Finfire mag
    By Double four in forum Firearms
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-03-2012, 20:16
  4. For Sale Saki varmint McMillan stock for sako quad new boxed
    By mmbeatle in forum Firearms
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 23-10-2011, 16:49
  5. sako finfire parts
    By MrYou in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-04-2011, 08:59

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •