Thread: Saki finfire mounts

Saki finfire mounts

What mounts do people have fitted on sako .22 rfs? I have the sako rf mounts (the ones that come in the blue box).

I intended to fit a set of optilocks I have, but the mounting system is not the same as on the full bore rifles so I can't.

Any views on the sako rf mounts would also be appreciated.

Bob,

Mine has parallel rails (can't remember the width) so I've got a cheap pair of aluminium airgun mounts on it. They seem to work ok.

Cheers,

Bob

i used these on my finnfire , any 11mm mounts will do though, these are very nice
    http://www.bkltech.com/BKL-1-Bolt-Ac...ount-p/bkl-261.

dont think the link is working to be honest, just google bkl onepiece rimfire mounts

cheers
    craig

the ones that came with the scope

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Bob View Post
    What mounts do people have fitted on sako .22 rfs? I have the sako rf mounts (the ones that come in the blue box).

I intended to fit a set of optilocks I have, but the mounting system is not the same as on the full bore rifles so I can't.

Any views on the sako rf mounts would also be appreciated.
    If i recall right (it has been a good few years since i bought a new finnfire ) they are single screw aluminium , fairly cheap and flimsy .As has been posted already they are 'standard' .22rf dovetail , any decent quality (double screw if alu') 11-13mm dovetail mounts will do , i prefer Hilver / Lynx /Tasco steel rings .It might be 'just' a rimfire but if the mounts are not solid you will still miss .

Quote Originally Posted by wivenhoe65 View Post
    If i recall right (it has been a good few years since i bought a new finnfire ) they are single screw aluminium , fairly cheap and flimsy .As has been posted already they are 'standard' .22rf dovetail , any decent quality (double screw if alu') 11-13mm dovetail mounts will do , i prefer Hilver / Lynx /Tasco steel rings .It might be 'just' a rimfire but if the mounts are not solid you will still miss .
    They are not flimsy. I am not worried about them being solid, just about damaging the scope. I guess I have been seduced by all this optilocks stuff, either that or I am getting old!

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Bob View Post
    They are not flimsy. I am not worried about them being solid, just about damaging the scope. I guess I have been seduced by all this optilocks stuff, either that or I am getting old!
    I know about the getting old bit ....
    The only other rings that use inserts are the Burris Signature rings - but they don't do a rf dovetail version (as far as i know) , they do do a weaver type though , not ideal but if you used a rf dovetail to weaver rail adaptor the Burris rings would be useable.

If you're damaging the scope through mounting you're doing it wrong.
    You could use a single wrap of electrical tape if you're really worried.