Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BBC Badger Cull reporting just got ridiculous

BBC Badger Cull reporting just got ridiculous

BBC News - Wounded badger patrols set up in Gloucestershire

I don't have an issue with the media giving a balanced unbiased story from both sides of the debate but when they give these idiots a platform to suggest/imply that culling is going to leave an injured badgers all over the countryside it makes me angry!!!!! I don't know why this has hit a nerve but I have chosen to complain! I welcome anyone who wants to join me.

... should have added online complaints link,

BBC - Complaints - Home

... no excuse now !!!
    Last edited by Tackleberry270; 25-05-2013 at 08:32. Reason: Complaints link

your just right take money out of the voulteers pockets like tb dose out of farmers and see what they say

This is what I have written. Feel free to cut and paste.

I advocate the importance of the media covering both sides of controversial issues. However your story, 'Wounded Badger patrols set up in Gloucestershire', has allowed a minority group to create hype with misinformation. Anyone who is involved with culling wild animals with a rifle (especially professionals) know that the shot is not taken unless a humane kill is certain. Mistakes are few and far between. Those who are less informed will be allowed to think that Badgers are going to suffer when actually they will be killed with less pain and stress than the animals who's meat is on sale in supermarkets. Your stories should be better researched to avoid falling for a stunt like this. Organisations such as The British Association for Shooting and Conservation are there to be used!

Regards,

I wonder if any "Injured Badgers" will suddenly find themselves transported into the area of the cull aided by the anti establishment

Very likely that there will be an increase in badgers found in Gloucestershire, and I kan tell you what the BBC response will be exactly the same as many of us had when we complained about Brian may last week on radio 2 "we are right you are wrong" they don't give a s**t.
    But I'll keep complaining till they get the message.
    Last edited by CWMMAN3738; 24-05-2013 at 18:14.
    LET HE WHO IS WITHOUT SIN CAST THE FIRST STONE & PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE!

are so it starts!!

Quote Originally Posted by Morgy View Post
    I wonder if any "Injured Badgers" will suddenly find themselves transported into the area of the cull aided by the anti establishment

Grrrrrr I'm with you Tackleberry, this sort of thing makes me very angry too! I too will make a complaint, may not make much of a difference but much much better than doing nothing, hopefully others will follow your lead too

My take on this is that the "wounded badger patrols" are a very thin disguise to cover being out in the countryside at night to disrupt and sabotage the cull.

One day I want to be as wonderful as my dogs think i am .....

+1

Quote Originally Posted by neil_r View Post
    My take on this is that the "wounded badger patrols" are a very thin disguise to cover being out in the countryside at night to disrupt and sabotage the cull.

"My take on this is that the "wounded badger patrols" are a very thin disguise to cover being out in the countryside at night to disrupt and sabotage the cull."

My thoughts too