Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forster Co-Ax

Forster Co-Ax

I've got two presses, a Big Boss and a Big Boss II. I've done some rounds and used the wrong press so the headspace is all wrong after FL sizing.
    I reckon if I sold both I wouldn't be a million miles away from the Co-Ax. Is it a move forwards to swap them about? I'm reloading .222, .243 and 7-08 so would I have to adjust the shell holder bits moving from .222 to the .308 cases?
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!
    Another 7mm08 shooter!

If you can afford to I would do it a heart beat. Had mine a couple of years now and would not go back. Dies set up and done. I load similar rounds to you. .20 Tac, 6mmbr, .243, 7-08 and .308 the only thing you really need is Forster die holders if using another brand of die.
    "If you can't see it, you can't shoot it"

I have purchased a dillon and doubled up on everything, just swap over tool heads leaving everything set for my calibres inc powder measures!
    Quote Originally Posted by bk View Post
    I've got two presses, a Big Boss and a Big Boss II. I've done some rounds and used the wrong press so the headspace is all wrong after FL sizing.
    I reckon if I sold both I wouldn't be a million miles away from the Co-Ax. Is it a move forwards to swap them about? I'm reloading .222, .243 and 7-08 so would I have to adjust the shell holder bits moving from .222 to the .308 cases?

Quote Originally Posted by scotch_egg View Post
    If you can afford to I would do it a heart beat. Had mine a couple of years now and would not go back. Dies set up and done. I load similar rounds to you. .20 Tac, 6mmbr, .243, 7-08 and .308 the only thing you really need is Forster die holders if using another brand of die.
    I've got them anyway for my Redding dies so they clamp on them so no probs there.
    Another 7mm08 shooter!

The co-ax is a really nice press...

Quick question though, can you still use a press mounted bullet puller in the co-ax? Wont the puller spin?
    Another 7mm08 shooter!

The only issue that I have found is that the cam handle on the Hornady bullet puller is a bit long, so you have to be a bit creative. Forster make their own, but I haven't tried it.

Quote Originally Posted by bk View Post
    I've done some rounds and used the wrong press so the headspace is all wrong after FL sizing.
    I doubt that the headspace issue is anything to do with the press.

Its entirely down to the dies, shellholder, and how you have adjusted them.

A change of press won't help unless you either learn how to set up the dies properly, or change the dies and shellholder for a matched pair which are guaranteed to work correctly when adjusted to bottom-out together.

AFAIK the only supplier who guarantee this are Lee.

Most other die manufacturers make their FL sizers slightly short, so they will work with any shellholder when carefully adjusted, but if set up to bottom out will always push the shoulder back too far.

The Forster co-ax is a great piece of engineering but if anything it will make your problems worse, if you haven't yet understood how to set up your dies correctly.

the forster puller will work
    Official Sponsor to Team GB F Class

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpie View Post
    I doubt that the headspace issue is anything to do with the press.

Its entirely down to the dies, shellholder, and how you have adjusted them.

A change of press won't help unless you either learn how to set up the dies properly, or change the dies and shellholder for a matched pair which are guaranteed to work correctly when adjusted to bottom-out together.

AFAIK the only supplier who guarantee this are Lee.

Most other die manufacturers make their FL sizers slightly short, so they will work with any shellholder when carefully adjusted, but if set up to bottom out will always push the shoulder back too far.

The Forster co-ax is a great piece of engineering but if anything it will make your problems worse, if you haven't yet understood how to set up your dies correctly.
    Yep. I know how to set my dies up but if they are set up for one press and you put them in another then there is a few thou difference in HS thus won't chamber okay
    Another 7mm08 shooter!