Thread: Benmore and Inverardan

Benmore and Inverardan

I viewed Benmore and Inverardan this morning.

Where have all the deer gone?

For a cull target of fifty red deer there was very little sign's of any deer activity in the area.

Can't resist.....must resist......oh well.....

Should've gone to Specsavers!

I'll fetch my own coat, thank you.

Rab for around 3.5K + vat you would expect to see deer in decent numbers
    to achieve the 50 deer.
    "let him without sin cast the first stone"

Ah but according the government we are over run with deer..............................are we not
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

Around here the deer are all down on the glen floor (or near it where they can get to it quickly) the grass is lush & they obviously go where the food is best.
    With the late spring the high tops are only just starting to grow now so very little nutritious food there yet.

Ian

as yorric says down on the low ground , prob south facing of Benmore my guess,,, Inverlochlaraig nice and warm and green....

Rab, did you view any other bits?

Was around it today with the commision rangers only saw one hind and a few sheep. The only other signs of deer were legs lying here and there ! Quite amusing as the ranger manager had just told us that all deer parts must be removed from the permission

Quote Originally Posted by rab View Post
    I viewed Benmore and Inverardan this morning.

Where have all the deer gone?

For a cull target of fifty red deer there was very little sign's of any deer activity in the area.
    This particular piece of ground is now fully deer fenced with new fencing to the moor.
    Only resident deer that are inside the fence are remaining.
    Deer have been shot hard and there is only one clear fell on it
    GOOD LUCK