Quad bike insurance

Lee 308

Can anybody recommend a company for insuring a quad against theft and accidental damage, used for carcass extraction on a leisure basis.

Thanks in advance, Lee

Let me know if you find a company that will insure for off road use please. As yet I have not found anyone that is reasonable. NFU did not want to know last time I spoke with them.

Sikamalc

Im insured with nfu and if your machine is regestered as an agricultural machine ie a tractor it will cost you about 80quid a year thats what it costs me to use it on the road and of it, if you are doin some contract work you are supposed to tell them and they may charge you a bit more i have a honda foreman and its regestered as agricultural machine and you dont have to pay for road tax either.

I'm the same as 243Fallow, registered agricultural machine insured with NFU for deer management purposes @ £80 per year.

308RWS

I also have a Honda Foreman insured with NFU but I'm paying over £200 a year ............................. think Ill be calling NFU later this morning !

Not all NFU offices are the same! Shop around and don't worry if your cheapest quote from NFU is nowhere near you, it does not matter. I have had different quotes from different offices!

Hmmm well we have just reinsured the estate and museum through the NFU and I am not over impressed by their performance, still awaiting the employers liability notice :evil: after asking for about 6 times, let alone the policy received with several cock ups on it so thats gone back :rolleyes:

Will tackle them about the agricultural tool aspect as last time they quoted me miserably

Sikamalc

Deerman

I called NFU today and asked why I was paying over £200 for my ATV insurance and I'd heard that other people were getting it for £80. Their reply was that all quotes come from a central computer so there must be some difference in the cover provided.

My insurance is for road use and it's registered as tractor policy so I'm at a loss. Does the value of the machine make a difference as I have a Honda 500cc automatic which is just 2 years old -Any thoughts ?

If there is enough interested parties, why don`t you try and get a group quote. It may work out cheaper still.
basil.

ATV INSURANCE

Ive owned yamaha grizzlys for several years now, ive now got the 700cc version (in the compulsory AP HD camo), had her since new 2 years ago. The cheapest ive ever paid for insurance OTR under an agricultural policy is £240 per annum. That was via the NFU, im presently paying £340 per annum thro bikesure as the NFU wil not insure me until it has been 5 years since a conviction for common assault has lapsed!! i might try the deer management angle when i renew with the NFU next year as that is what i use it for. Im astounded someone pays £80!! gud on u.

I'm paying £80, I'm also an NFU member, not sure if that makes a diference, I have a fleet policy for vehicles but the bike ison a seperate policy.
The bike is registered on the road, this may make a dfference.

Blot said:
Deerman

I called NFU today and asked why I was paying over £200 for my ATV insurance and I'd heard that other people were getting it for £80. Their reply was that all quotes come from a central computer so there must be some difference in the cover provided.

My insurance is for road use and it's registered as tractor policy so I'm at a loss. Does the value of the machine make a difference as I have a Honda 500cc automatic which is just 2 years old -Any thoughts ?

I called two different offices and got two different quotes so the central computer thing sounds a bit dodgy? My quote wasn't for a quad bike though! Hope this helps?

I have 2 quads and a mini Kubota Tractor insured for the road with NFU for just over £400 a year.

Mark.

Ive had landrovers insured with the nfu for years , they would never touch my quad as its stored at a residential address , When the renewal came for the landrover last week it had gone up by £600.00 .
So nfu can go and get hucked
AVIVA have made me an offer i cant refuse , so maybe i may enquire about my quad .

I looked at insurance for a polaris ranger and a suzuki eiger 400 the NFU quote was £420 and the small print was horredous, to the point that it was pointless to insure then on the policy as I'm sure they would never pay out.

I have NFU cover for my quad , but i had to tag it on to my tractor policy as they would not insure it on its own.
Taking the tractor off it would run at about £150 fully comp

Tried to insure my quad with NFU last year & they would not touch me as it will be kept at my home address.
I have been with them for about 10 years & my latest quote for my L/Rover & car are £250.00 per vehicle more than i paid last year will be looking about for new insurance next week.

John

Back