Patch catcher

Cyres

I had to give my rifles a good clean last week and usually use a plastic bag over the muzzle but a brass brush always catches it. Found a simple solution by using an empty 300/500ml empty drinks bottle which fits over the muzzle and attached by some insulation tape. Very effective when using bore foam and no more mess just put the whole lot straight in the bin when finished.

​D

Been doing this for a while. Works a treat.
I got a top of the range 'fairy' patch catcher.
Not sure what that says about me.
I might have to change it.

I've using this method for a while, I found a short stubby water bottle and glued some neoprene around the inside of the neck.
It just slides on and off different diameter barrels, you don't need to use tape then.

To make some use of unloved juice bottles and catching wayward patches;
Made out of a piece of 30mm Nylon rod and threaded for whatever rifle I'm cleaning.
Simple enough to modify the design for a rifle without thread but with a foresight.

Did not want to 'split' the bottle and wanted to use the original cap to seal the bottle after use.

Last edited:
get the pop bottle lid, pop a hole in it and screw on the end of barrel, lock in place with the barrel thread protector. screw bottle onto lid. jobs a good un

best one yet :thumb: you clever sod :rofl: just got to by taps in 14x1 and 1/2 and 17x1 spig now :doh: or just rubber bung with holes cut in it to OD size gess what i shall be doing tomorrow :rolleyes:

To make some use of unloved juice bottles and catching wayward patches;
Made out of a piece of 30mm Nylon rod and threaded for whatever rifle I'm cleaning.
Simple enough to modify the design for a rifle without thread but with a foresight.

Did not want to 'split' the bottle and wanted to use the original cap to seal the bottle after use.

I got bored today so found some scrap in the shed parts bin.

i stole your idea. not as good as yours but its usable. Hope you dont mind hehe.

been using this type for years, no thread though just a adjustable end cap for any rifle,

bob.

Cool, like the helicoil!!!!

Idea was to pop bottle on and off with retaining the bottle cap without hole.

Oh and not getting wallet raped by the 'trade' heeheeeh

Last edited:
Back