Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: muzzle break ?

muzzle brake ?

Hello, I'm toying with the idea of getting a muzzle brake to go on my rifle when abroad, do I need a slot for one on my fac or can I just buy one ? Also, where can I buy one from ?
    Your thoughts on this would be gladly received.

Kind regards, Olaf
    Last edited by Olaf; 27-05-2013 at 19:02.

Muzzle brakes can be purchased on line, or from engineers, knocked out on cnc set ups & have no significance with regards your certificate.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by Olaf View Post
    muzzle break
    Dear Olaf, as Finbear has already provided a helpful answer, I hope you won't mind if I ask you, kindly and respectfully, never again to call the device you have in mind anything other than a "muzzle brake".

Such devices do not break anything -except perhaps your neighbour's unwisely unprotected eardrums. Rather they act like the brakes on a vehicle, resisting movement.

Previous posters have pointed this out discreetly by including the word spelled correctly, but your appreciation of this crucial detail is too vital and important a matter to pedants such as myself to be left to chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gain View Post
    Dear Olaf, as Finbear has already provided a helpful answer, I hope you won't mind if I ask you, kindly and respectfully, never again to call the device you have in mind anything other than a "muzzle brake".

Such devices do not break anything -except perhaps your neighbour's unwisely unprotected eardrums. Rather they act like the brakes on a vehicle, resisting movement.

Previous posters have pointed this out discreetly by including the word spelled correctly, but your appreciation of this crucial detail is too vital and important a matter to pedants such as myself to be left to chance.
    Yes, the spell check can be a truly debilitating tool. I can only apologise for both the spell check and my sloppy, sloppy, sloppy editing. I wrote the post, and am ashamed to say, literally ran out of the house in a haste to buy myself a rare 'treat' of fish and chips (I regret this act now as they were both overpriced, disgusting, and dry) I simply did not take the necessary time to proof read my post before posting it. Shocking.
    I've now edited the post to make use of the correct word "brake" as opposed to that hideously incorrect word of "break" I'm so sorry for any discomfort that you may have had when reading the original post. I hope that you didn't dribble your cup of tea down your shirt in shock when you first uncovered this mistake.

Yours sincerely, Olaf

I've been using a 3rd eye muzzle brake on a 7mm STW and it works well calming it a lot.

muzzle brakes

​Rick

Brough and night stalker, I thank you most kindly for your help, I shall make some phone calls on the morrow.

Kind regards, olaf

Roedale kit is the muts nuts... well worth a look......

Olaf, what thread is the muzzle that you intend it to go on? I have a M14x1, .30 cal brake made by Craig at 3rd Eye which I hardly ever use but it is very good. I don't want to sell it but you are welcome to borrow it for a trial if you like, no dramas sending it backwards and forwards by post and no FAC issues. I think it cost me about 50 or 60

Glyn.

I can recomend the Third Eye one from Craig as well, does the job and looks good too.
    And made in the UK!