muzzle break ?

Olaf

muzzle brake ?

Hello, I'm toying with the idea of getting a muzzle brake to go on my rifle when abroad, do I need a slot for one on my fac or can I just buy one ? Also, where can I buy one from ?
Your thoughts on this would be gladly received.

Kind regards, Olaf

Last edited:
Muzzle brakes can be purchased on line, or from engineers, knocked out on cnc set ups & have no significance with regards your certificate.

muzzle break

Dear Olaf, as Finbear has already provided a helpful answer, I hope you won't mind if I ask you, kindly and respectfully, never again to call the device you have in mind anything other than a "muzzle brake".

Such devices do not break anything -except perhaps your neighbour's unwisely unprotected eardrums. Rather they act like the brakes on a vehicle, resisting movement.

Previous posters have pointed this out discreetly by including the word spelled correctly, but your appreciation of this crucial detail is too vital and important a matter to pedants such as myself to be left to chance.

Dear Olaf, as Finbear has already provided a helpful answer, I hope you won't mind if I ask you, kindly and respectfully, never again to call the device you have in mind anything other than a "muzzle brake".

Such devices do not break anything -except perhaps your neighbour's unwisely unprotected eardrums. Rather they act like the brakes on a vehicle, resisting movement.

Previous posters have pointed this out discreetly by including the word spelled correctly, but your appreciation of this crucial detail is too vital and important a matter to pedants such as myself to be left to chance.

Yes, the spell check can be a truly debilitating tool. I can only apologise for both the spell check and my sloppy, sloppy, sloppy editing. I wrote the post, and am ashamed to say, literally ran out of the house in a haste to buy myself a rare 'treat' of fish and chips (I regret this act now as they were both overpriced, disgusting, and dry) I simply did not take the necessary time to proof read my post before posting it. Shocking.
I've now edited the post to make use of the correct word "brake" as opposed to that hideously incorrect word of "break" I'm so sorry for any discomfort that you may have had when reading the original post. I hope that you didn't dribble your cup of tea down your shirt in shock when you first uncovered this mistake.

Yours sincerely, Olaf

Brough and night stalker, I thank you most kindly for your help, I shall make some phone calls on the morrow.

Kind regards, olaf

Olaf, what thread is the muzzle that you intend it to go on? I have a M14x1, .30 cal brake made by Craig at 3rd Eye which I hardly ever use but it is very good. I don't want to sell it but you are welcome to borrow it for a trial if you like, no dramas sending it backwards and forwards by post and no FAC issues. I think it cost me about £50 or £60

Glyn.

Olaf, what thread is the muzzle that you intend it to go on? I have a M14x1, .30 cal brake made by Craig at 3rd Eye which I hardly ever use but it is very good. I don't want to sell it but you are welcome to borrow it for a trial if you like, no dramas sending it backwards and forwards by post and no FAC issues. I think it cost me about £50 or £60

Glyn.

Hi Glyn, thank you for this most kind offer. I will make a couple of calls today and find out what the thread size is on my rifle first as its a new one and I can't remember what it was.
I'll let you know in due course. Thanks again.
Kind regards, Olaf

I hope that you didn't dribble your cup of tea down your shirt in shock when you first uncovered this mistake.

Dear Olaf, thankyou for your kind consideration to a irredeemably incorrigible pedant. I'm very sorry that your fish and chips weren't up to expectations - it is a treat I too enjoy and I sympathise greatly with your disappointment.

Very best wishes, Mr.G.

Dear Olaf, thankyou for your kind consideration to a irredeemably incorrigible pedant. I'm very sorry that your fish and chips weren't up to expectations - it is a treat I too enjoy and I sympathise greatly with your disappointment.

Very best wishes, Mr.G.

Now these are the type of stalkers that would thrive in the post stalking pub environment, love it!!:D

Very best wishes, Mr.G.

Dear Mr. G, it comes as oh such a relief to read that I haven't irreversibly damaged future relations, based on that most inconsiderate of mistakes. I still shudder to think of it, terrible, such a shocking 'mistake' to have made.
I must say, your a true Gentleman to have so gallantly brushed this utter mess of a post to one side and have had the humble decency to both forgive, forget, and acknowledge a mutual respect for the mighty Fish and Chip supper !
I wish you many exciting and successful Stalks and bid you Gods speed kind Sir.

Happy hunting, Olaf

Stop it Olaf your cracking me up you old bugger as for the fish and chips why does my local chip shop insist on wrapping my supper then putting it in a sweaty plastic bag making the bloody chips stick to the paper and the batter fall off the fish arhhh !
Kindest regards
​doug

Dear Mr. G, it comes as oh such a relief to read that I haven't irreversibly damaged future relations, based on that most inconsiderate of mistakes. I still shudder to think of it, terrible, such a shocking 'mistake' to have made.
I must say, your a true Gentleman to have so gallantly brushed this utter mess of a post to one side and have had the humble decency to both forgive, forget, and acknowledge a mutual respect for the mighty Fish and Chip supper !
I wish you many exciting and successful Stalks and bid you Gods speed kind

Happy hunting, Olaf
Is this still the Stalking Directory ? I am confused and disturbed by the kind words and politeness !:D

Stop it Olaf your cracking me up you old bugger as for the fish and chips why does my local chip shop insist on wrapping my supper then putting it in a sweaty plastic bag making the bloody chips stick to the paper and the batter fall off the fish arhhh !
Kindest regards
​doug
I also hate that exact situation. Utterly inexcusable!

Is this still the Stalking Directory ? I am confused and disturbed by the kind words and politeness !:D
manners and respect have been sadly lacking on the site from a few individuals of late. Nice to see it returning!

We've awoken in a parallel universe, where everything is sweetness and light!!! It's the Twilight Zone and I WANT TO GO HOME!!!

Next on the Twilight Zone Brithunter buys a Blaser.....................................................................................................

Back