Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Outstanding - Jelen

Outstanding - Jelen

Hi
    Just thought I would put a word in for the team at Jelen Deer.
    I did my DSC1 this weekend with them in Stockbridge and I would like to thank Norman and Malcom and his missus (I'm afraid I have forgotten her name) and the range guys for making me feel welcome, imparting a whole lot of knowledge about deer, which made me feel much more confident about the tests and for running a top class course. The facilities were excellent, the staff were all friendly and kind to us "trainees" and super helpful taking extra time for any individual needs.
    If you have a desire to do DSC1 you would be very hard pushed to beat the Jelen team
    Thanks for a cracking weekend !

Andrew

PS I find out if I did my part in three weeks (ish)

Hi Andrew,

Many thanks for your kind words. It was good - as always - to meet new people, and especially encouraging to hear the words of another satisfied DSC1 delegate.

I am sure you'll have your DSC1 certificate in a couple of weeks or so.

Regards,

Mike.

Mike Allison
    (Managing Director - Jelen Deer Services)

Jelen Deer Home

Last edited by Jelendeer; 28-05-2013 at 22:41.

I can only echo those sentiments Andrew. Heather was the lady's name and very knowledgeable too. Great facilities, and great team, I said so in my feedback form too! Can heartily recommend this outfit.

Nigel

Is it correct that Jelen are now running Map reading courses in Hampshire and Dorset.

How long is the course? The site seems to suggest one day, but you said you had a "...cracking weekend..."?

Quote Originally Posted by Toxster View Post
    How long is the course? The site seems to suggest one day, but you said you had a "...cracking weekend..."?
    The DSC1 course was friday evening, Saturday all day, then sunday was the test day, ending approximately 3pm
    The Saturday included practice on the range - which helped most people settle nerves.
    Cant speak highly enough of the team at Jelen - they really did a cracking job.
    ​Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by Horseshit View Post
    Is it correct that Jelen are now running Map reading courses in Hampshire and Dorset.
    Why don't you give them a call on Tel: 01264 811155 - but do check their web site out first Jelen Deer Home.
    I found Jelen from a superb deer skinning video made by Mike Allison - the best skinning video i have seen on youtube bar none here - regards

​Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by seprim View Post
    Why don't you give them a call on Tel: 01264 811155 - but do check their web site out first Jelen Deer Home.
    I found Jelen from a superb deer skinning video made by Mike Allison - the best skinning video i have seen on youtube bar none here - regards

​Andrew
    Heads up that that account has been suspended... Admin evidently took a dim view of the poster
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by seprim View Post

​Andrew

Agreed I learned more from watching this video than any other and my skinning improved no end from watching it, brilliant tutorial.

​Damian.

Well it's now been 5 weeks since we did this course, and we're still waiting for the results !

I'm struggling to understand why it takes so long to mark a dozen test papers. Jelen gave us 4 mock tests, and they gave us back the results within hours. As I understand it, there are several exam papers, of which one gets chosen at random, so no one knows what series of questions will be asked. If there are set papers, surely there are templates for the answers, so marking should be quick, and simple ?