Living the dream in Africa...

Sean Hughes

Hi all, i live in Botswana working in the construction industry. I spend weekends away hunting the Kalahari bushveld of Botswana or the hills, rivers and dams in Kwa-Zulu Natal (South Africa).

I stumbled across your web page while researching a new rifle im interested in...
Im desperately looking for a Blaser R8 with 3 barrel options, 243, 30-06 and a 9.3x62.

It is really difficult to aquire a license in Botswana as the government out here is only releasing 50 rifle licences and 50 shot gun licenses this year! By aquiring this rifle with the 3 barrels I will be able to licence them all under the same weapon.

Any feedback on anyone interested in selling a rifle please let me know.

Many thanks,

Sean

Welcome to the site.
You are so lucky, been to Botswana twice, only camera safari, but what a place.
Very jealous.

Hi all....

I'm desperately looking for a Blaser R8 with 3 barrel options, 243, 30-06 and a 9.3x62.

Sean

Well, you can sort out the 243 & 30-06 from here and then look for a 9.3 x 62 barrel?

Cut & paste this -

http://www.guntrader.co.uk/Guns-For-Sale/results.php?&Filter[NewType][]=Rifle&Filter[NewMechanism][]=Back%20Action&Filter[NewMechanism][]=Bolt%20Action&Filter[NewMechanism][]=Break%20Barrel&Filter[NewMechanism][]=Falling%20Block&Filter[NewMechanism][]=Lever%20Action&Filter[NewMechanism][]=Martini&Filter[NewMechanism][]=Over%20and%20Under&Filter[NewMechanism][]=Pump%20Action&Filter[NewMechanism][]=Rolling%20Block&Filter[NewMechanism][]=Semi-Auto&Filter[NewMechanism][]=Semi-Auto%20%26%20Bolt%20Action&Filter[NewMechanism][]=Side%20by%20Side&Filter[NewMechanism][]=Single%20Shot&Filter[NewMechanism][]=Straight%20Pull&Filter[NewMechanism][]=Under%20Lever&Filter[Calibre][]=.243&Filter[Calibre][]=.30-06&Filter[Make][]=Blaser

Welcome to SD & good luck with the rifle search.

Last edited:
Yip, there are a few perks to living in out here. If you are back out here and need some pointers let me know. its a big place but "everyone" knows "everyone" out here...

Back