Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feral Goats

Feral Goats

Just got back from a great trip up to the Scottish Borders. A big thank you to David Virtue at DV Sporting for providing the opportunity to take one of these goats. Not the most challenging of things to stalk but great countryside, a fantastic breakfast (thanks Maureen) and good company make up for this! Looking forward to having the trophy hanging from my wall.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0057.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	689.2 KB 
ID:	28781 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0058.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	911.0 KB 
ID:	28782

Nice goat well done chap .
    ​norma

I hope when its hanging from your wall ,it does'nt smell as bad as ours. After 3 years its in the larder (keeps the dogs out) Wf1

Well done Phil , i just missed you when you were over at our patch , i was out for deer that morning
    but said to Malcolm i would try catch you for a chat , seems strange ground to see goats on
    ​Ive been on the hill today only seen one nannie and kid but around 50 hinds

Colin, the goat was at the bottom of a valley near a river. The ground all around was similar to yours - quite hilly - but this one (and a couple of others we saw) were at the bottom. The valley bottom was all covered in gorse and hawthorn so it was good cover for them. There were some young billies and some nannies quite well up on the hill.

That's a nice goat you got there. This brute lives near me. Do you think he'd be a medal?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo, goat.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	227.4 KB 
ID:	28825Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	209.0 KB 
ID:	28824
    Last edited by pip; 29-05-2013 at 19:08.

Established Poster Muddy Springer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by philgled View Post
    Just got back from a great trip up to the Scottish Borders. A big thank you to David Virtue at DV Sporting for providing the opportunity to take one of these goats. Not the most challenging of things to stalk but great countryside, a fantastic breakfast (thanks Maureen) and good company make up for this! Looking forward to having the trophy hanging from my wall.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0057.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	689.2 KB 
ID:	28781 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0058.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	911.0 KB 
ID:	28782
    ​Leave it in the loft for a good 3 years after being stuffed, regular spray with febreeze or suchlike and you'll be able to admire it on the wall

I'm just having a skull mount - think I'd be living in the loft if I got a shoulder mount!