Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SNP looking to raise the price of an FAC?

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)

SNP looking to raise the price of an FAC?

Interesting article on the BBC website: BBC News - Licensed gun owners fall but the number of firearms held rises

"However, firearms legislation remains reserved and it is still cheaper to buy a firearms licence than a TV licence across the UK.
    So, no guessing what's going to happen with the fee come the Referendum vote!

​willie_gunn
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Any excuse to have a go at lawful gun owners god help you if you split from GB.
    LET HE WHO IS WITHOUT SIN CAST THE FIRST STONE & PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE!

Nobody said life was supposed to be fair.
    After all if it was fair they'd pay us to put up with the stuff they put on the BBC

Neil.

Blog Entries
    I suspect a devolved Scotland would be a completely gun free zone (apart from the cops and criminals) where the wolves, Lynx can roam freely to control other populations.

​Hmmm
    Yes I should have taken the Blue Pill!

We were so busy congratulating ourself of dodging Orwells vision we marched right into Huxley's.

A tip for anyone living in Scotland ,never vote for anyone with a name that sound like a fish ( Salmond or Sturgeon )

"While I welcome the moves to tighten this legislation over recent years, there is no doubt that devolving this area will give the Scottish government the powers to better control the number of lethal weapons in society and thereby help to protect and reassure the Scottish public."(Justice Secretary, Kenny MacAskill)

That sounds ominous, some police chiefs used to come out with that one as well.

It is a euphemism for

"we haven't got a clue about how to deal with armed crime so will pick on lawful gun owners instead, the public don't really understand the lack of connection between illegal and legal use and it will grab us a nice headline for a day or two"

atb Tim

Quote Originally Posted by timbrayford View Post
    "we haven't got a clue about how to deal with armed crime so will pick on lawful gun owners instead, the public don't really understand the lack of connection between illegal and legal use and it will grab us a nice headline for a day or two"
    You could have saved yourself a lot of typing. When it comes to the SNP it would have been sufficient to stop after "we haven't got a clue" as this would cover their entire range of policy decisions.

As most of wee Alec's politics seems to be built on spite, ego and hatred I suspect that his approach to gun ownership comes from the attitude that it is important to purge the country of the "rich landowners/" I've no idea why as most countries try to court such investment. However, we all know how it will end - the rich landowners will still have their estates and guns and working class people like myself will not be able to afford to shoot in Scotland.
    For self catering accommodation on the Isle of Lewis please visit:
    http://www.7south.co.uk/

This thread is amazing one Scotsman has answered the rest are all from England you people seem to have more interest than we do, over what we pay for a FAC divide the price up over 5years it is washers ,I don't see any one of you moaning about the TV licence , and a fair proportion of the country has Sky but still have to pay a TV licence
    Leave Scottish issues to Scotland eventually we'll be better off ,that what the English are worried about .

Quote Originally Posted by widows son View Post
    This thread is amazing one Scotsman has answered the rest are all from England you people seem to have more interest than we do, over what we pay for a FAC divide the price up over 5years it is washers ,I don't see any one of you moaning about the TV licence , and a fair proportion of the country has Sky but still have to pay a TV licence
    Leave Scottish issues to Scotland eventually we'll be better off ,that what the English are worried about .
    I hope that everything turns out OK for the Scots, but given the apparent urban orientation of the SNP government you only have to look at the Netherlands to see where this might lead. atb Tim

If you really think we will be better off with the likes of Kenny Macaskill in charge I'm afraid you are in for a rude awakening!!

​And you are right, it is time for Scotland to wake up to the realities of what the SNP will do to us, rather than listen to the hype!!