Thread: Trophy Room

Trophy Room

Is anyone else having problems viewing this at the moment? I either can't gedt the page or when I do there are no photos there.

Hi Paul
    Yep same for me.

WD

The thumbnail system doesn't seem to work but if you click on the red lettering you can still view your photographs

The site has been giving problems of late, and it is now working better. Unfortunatly the hosting company which came with the site is not a very good one, and Mark our IT man has had some considerable problems with the hosting company (bloody idiots)

To move the site would take a miracle and the site has been constructed in such a way as to make it impossible to move without loosing all the forum and then everyone would need to re register. As it is we may have to start to look into paying out for keeping the site going as funds are getting low, which have been kept up with the small amount of advertising we have asked to be payed for.

The Trophy room side should be working soon we are trying to resolve the issues but believe me its not easy. And please do not ask me any IT questions, as it is all voodoo and black magic to me.

Hi Malc

I hope I speak for a good few of us when I say that I would make a small donation to help with the running costs (5 a year?) of a site a lot of us get a lot from.

I think something voluntary like that is more likely to work than subs that don't work online very well in my experience.

Nick

Thank you gentlemen that is a kind offer. At present we are hanging in there so will not need to make a decision yet. But I will be seeing JAYB in about 11 days times and I am sure we will discuss the problem at length.

I will try and keep you all up to date. I saw our IT man this morning and he is in contact with the guy who constructed the site for the past owner, and we have people working on it.

Thank you

Sikamalc

Quote Originally Posted by admin
    Thank you gentlemen that is a kind offer. At present we are hanging in there so will not need to make a decision yet. But I will be seeing JAYB in about 11 days times and I am sure we will discuss the problem at length.

I will try and keep you all up to date. I saw our IT man this morning and he is in contact with the guy who constructed the site for the past owner, and we have people working on it.

Thank you

Sikamalc
    Things have improved no end lately.
    This key boerd has lasted two weeks now.
    basil.

In the long run would it be worth losing the content of this forum to be better
    serviced for the future??
    The knowledge is still here with the people that post, just take a while to build up the posted knowledge searchable data base.
    You my end up in a position where you have to move and time limits your options of service providers.
    I for one would be willing to pay a fee for a better service as I am sure many more would, look how many users we have and how many have never posted, that is all taking up space. Some forums delete you as a user if you have not posted for three months guess this frees up space for other things.
    Well just my personal thoughts for what its worth.

Thanks for the update Malc, I guess we can be patient and I would also happily pay a small sum to keep the site going.