Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Z aim gear

Z aim gear

Hi all , I'd appreciate your help on something . I'm toying with the idea of getting a z aim pro stalker sling , Does anyone hear use one ? Are they quick to take off to shoot ? Are they comfy ?

Or am I better off with a normal single sling ?

I really like them -I have 3!- the chest strap keeps your rifle secure and your hands properly free for sticks, etc. and the strap works as advertised, with the short clip-on end section, as a sling for carrying shot muntjac and roe. The only disadvantage is that the chest strap may get in the way when not used, e.g. once in a high seat, but it is the work of moments to remove it, roll it up, and put it in a pocket.

I have just removed mine as it is a hassle to use and the short strap gets caught on everything and it is a guddle to remove.

I love them to bits. Bias declaration - we do sell them.

Its a pretty good neoprene type sling with the option of using the chest strap to lock the rifle firmly in position. Everyone slightly different ( vive la difference! ) but personally get on much better with it than the ruck-style slings. Then not everyone has such a honed physique.... . Strap works with Roe sacks etc - just goes behind them.

Downside is the chest/ grip strap. It loops around the wrist of the stock and once undone can get in the way if doing a long crawl or in very close cover/ branches. As a trade off for easy carrying and total elimination of the moderator dragging the rifle over, its a trade off I'm happy with.

If you do not do a lot of sling carrying, then moot benefit to be honest. For most of the stuff we do its a near life saver.

We'll have a good stock at Scone and having learned from Kelso will try to have a 'demo gun' set up to try.

Thats as hard sell marketing as I go!
    Last edited by Moray Outfitting; 30-05-2013 at 08:07.
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

I bought one at the Kelso Deer Stalking Fair and I prefer it to any other slings I have had previously. It is a bit slower if you happen upon a beast and need to react quickly to get a shot but it does keep the rifle nicely in place on the shoulder when you have a moderator and bi pod on the rifle. If I am stalking in narrow rides etc where a quick shot may be required I take the chest strap off and put it in my pocket and I find that even without the chest strap the sling does still keep the rifle in a better position with less tendancy to gradually slip backwards than any slings I have had previously.

Overall I am very happy with it and it is the best sling I have owned to date. I haven't tried the back pack type slings but as I carry a roe sack most of the time I don't think that would work for me anyway.

ATB

Stewarty69

I found when it is worn my T8 is too close to the back of my head and i tripped over and was almost knocked spark out a couple of times. They are too much trouble to remove that when out lamping the straps get caught in the door of the land rover and the gear stick when you want that least.

Quote Originally Posted by RED-DOT View Post
    I found when it is worn my T8 is too close to the back of my head and i tripped over and was almost knocked spark out a couple of times. They are too much trouble to remove that when out lamping the straps get caught in the door of the land rover and the gear stick when you want that least.
    ​Ha ha ha ha ha , I'm sorry to hear that but the mental image is fantastic . Thanks for all the oughts lads

ACM

They are very good I like them a lot. Far more comfortable than a normal sling!

Andy

Do you sell spare straps as I left my one on the hill last week.

ATB

Bryan

Alba gu brąth

Sauer 101 6.5x55, Beretta Silver Pigeon 12g Over&Under

Bryan

You useless @#**@'!,, sorry, tried to type valued long standing client but keyboard stuck!

Question has arisen previously ( ) and I have a query in with Z Aim direct - will revert asap. In interim, things can be 'sorted' for those who bought their sling from us.
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

Have used z-aim for years, very good slings.

​George