Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ##Stop Press## - Good Prvi Partizan groups shocker!! - ##Stop Press##

##Stop Press## - Good Prvi Partizan groups shocker!! - ##Stop Press##

Well this has thrown the cat among the pigeons!!

Picked up my new/old Brno ZKK601 .243 at the weekend and finally got a break in the weather to try it out last night. It's in lovely condition and is still nicely balanced with the mod on and not overly heavy to carry around. 1st time using a set trigger too and 1st impressions are I quite like it being nice and light. Not the best pic but gives you an idea.

Seeing as I am about to start reloading I took the cheapskate way of having a few shots through it with some Prvi Partizan 90gr soft nose ammo, for a tenner a box of 20!

After trying these in the 22-250 and getting a shotgun pattern I was not holding much hope and after opening the box that hope dwindled further. A couple of heads were seated further in the cases than the others, the lead tips were not uniform and the brass was multi-coloured!! Also coupled with the fact the rifle came with a Hawke Sport HD scope which is a bit average at 100 yds and will not be staying on top it was going to be interesting!

Imagine my surprise when after getting it zero'd 1" high at 100 yds it produced this tidy little group!! The rings on the target are 6mm apart.

2 sets of 3 shots at the target and for some reason the 1st shot each time, presumably because the barrel was cold, dropped low then the other 2 were bang on. Next 3 shots did the same, so I'm going to get another box and have a go at 4 seperate targets with a break in between to see if the pattern of events is the same!!

I'm still gonna re-load for this and the 22-250 because shooting as a whole is a hobby and that to me is just another part of it, but for 50p a shot these group pretty well at around 30mm at 100yds? It'll be interesting later on if I push the range a bit with the Prvi ammo with better glass, but I guess I'm unlikely to be shooting quary past 150yds at any point anyway!

Cheers

Stratts
    Follow my stalking journey & SD sponsored DSC1 progress blog here

DSC1 forum sponsorship - Blogs - The Stalking Directory

Either way its gonna get you through the DSC1 test for sure but I still recomend zeroing it dead on for 100 and once you have the certificate give it as many clicks up as you like.

Cheers

K

Thanks for the post. I have used this ammunition in the past. I got a few boxes of 156grain the purpose was that the would be used to get the barrel back on sight after copper fouling. Using my blaser 6.5x55mm at 100m produced a 22mm grouping at 13 euro a boxEveryone’s a winner.Glendine.

Quote Originally Posted by Klenchblaize View Post
    Either way its gonna get you through the DSC1 test for sure but I still recomend zeroing it dead on for 100 and once you have the certificate give it as many clicks up as you like.

Cheers

K
    +1 K

Great grouping, simply adjust for the test and you've got a happy combo that deer will not like!
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

I'm gonna do that too chaps thanks, it was just the fact that I got it on paper at 50yds for starters and just left it there for the evening, knowing the glass will be changed soon once mounts are sorted for the 26mm tube Schmidt.

Very jealous, tried them in my .243 and couldn't get them to group. Now have to pay twice the price for ammo

ps, not sure reloading will save you any money on 50p a shot?

Any thoughts on why the 1st shots dropped low? Cold barrel? My eyes?!

Before you go doing your head in trying to figure it out. Wait until you have the S&B fitted ans see if it still does it. By doing so you have illiminated one possible cause .................................. the scope.

Ah good point Master Brithunter!!

My steyr always groups with privies too , nice shooting stratts