Stag poachers caught

corky

Todays Oban Times has a report from Fort William sherrif court where 2 men from Ayrshire were caught red handed coming to pick up 2 stags they had shot in Glen Etive at beginnining of month.A local driving by spotted 2 dead stags at side of road at 130am and alerted police and local stalkers and they caught the 2 men returning to pick up beasts,both admitted they had come up to poach and were fined £600 each,FAC,s revoked and all their gear confiscated!

doesnt say anything about vehicle just says rifles and equipment worth £2000 confiscated.Not been too many poaching cases that I can think of up this way recently though about a month ago a 24 year old on Mull was done for shooting a stag with a 30-06 with a house directly behind it though it wasnt hit a neighbour seen the guy taking the shot and he was found guilty after trial,think he was fined £1000 but it didnt say if his Fac was revoked

we are seeinga lot of evidence of poaching on our ground and that of our neighbours. most appears to be out teh pick up window.
Police interested but never see them about.

Whereabouts in Aberdeenshire are you seeing this activity so I can keep my eyes open Ali N ? I have some stalking near to Alford so would be interested in policing this too.

Whereabouts in Aberdeenshire are you seeing this activity so I can keep my eyes open Ali N ? I have some stalking near to Alford so would be interested in policing this too.

Likewise. Where are you seeing the problems?

Well done for getting them and getting a prosecution!

ONLY ONE PROBLEM!!! NO Names!!

Name them and if we continue to name them the others might just stop for fear of being named in the public domain!

ATB Barry

Last edited:

Cnat help you with where Ali N is but I found fresh head feet and skin from a doe in the eastern side of durris woods on Saturday whilst walking the dogs, I will be keeping my eyes open more from now on.

Back