Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is your town a dump?

Is your town a dump?

My local town has turned into an absolute dump with 30% of the shops boarded up and nothing but coffee and charity shops and Turkish barbers. The pavements are so uneven three wheelchair users have tipped over recently. Cobbled streets are like driving over a quarry road and the gullies are choked with debris. Junkies huddle together outside the pharmacies for their methadone then get taxis at huge rates to take them home. Even the Pound shop has closed down and tourists have to walk through Baker Street to get to the castle and the pedestrians look like extras from "Thriller". Beggars hassle everyone for money and an endless stream of golf clubs and guitars filter like ants trying to raise a few quid at the tat shop "Cash Converters". Bins are overflowing and ordinary guys scavenge for dog-ends....I need a holiday!!!
    Last edited by RED-DOT; 30-05-2013 at 19:26.

Quote Originally Posted by RED-DOT View Post
    ...Even the Pound shop has closed down and tourists have to walk through Baker Street.....
    On that basis, I'm afraid, Red-Dot, that "aam ooot".
    The fact that the Pound Shop was closed and you still have tourists, tells me they can only be lost!
    "There comes in the dead of night a hand of cold steel that plucks the German sentries from their posts"
    WSC 1942

sounds like a lot of places lately, must be a sign of the times with everything going up apart from peoples wages, my town now has a third of the shops shut, the remainder are either charity shops or takeaways

Internet shoppings taking over. Why pay shop overheads when you can sell on-line. If I need to buy something first thing I do is go on-line. Just haven't got the time to pop into town anymore for a walk about.

No!!!

Poole is amazing... 3 blue flag beaches within cycling distance.

5 minutes in the car and youll see a hundred plus Sika..

Canoe on your shoulder. Poole Harbour and its islands are a paddle away..

Wreck diving available two nights a week and weekends weather permitting.

Wouldnt live anywhere else..
    Blessed be the sheeple for they shall inherit bugger all...

sounds like a great place to live

Quote Originally Posted by pheasant sniper 1 View Post
    No!!!

Poole is amazing... 3 blue flag beaches within cycling distance.

5 minutes in the car and youll see a hundred plus Sika..

Canoe on your shoulder. Poole Harbour and its islands are a paddle away..

Wreck diving available two nights a week and weekends weather permitting.

Wouldnt live anywhere else..
    I agree all of dorset is fab....wish I could afford to move there. 2 lucky dips for the Euromillions please...
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not using it in a fruit salad.

Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they never get it wrong.

My place is a bit of a hovel, only got one little shop and a pub!

Oh and a few houses and a school. Hardly ever see many folk, neighbours now and then, and these bloody Fallow from my carsy window! Hell on Earth!

Vote with your feet mate, sell all those expensive toys, move out to the sticks with something robust and reliable to shoot and live happily ever after.
    Owning a gun or knife and not using it, is akin to not sleeping with your girlfriend to keep her neat and tidy for the next bloke.

sounds a great idea wen the kids are through university

Established Poster Muddy Springer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RED-DOT View Post
    My local town has turned into an absolute dump with 30% of the shops boarded up and nothing but coffee and charity shops and Turkish barbers. The pavements are so uneven three wheelchair users have tipped over recently. Cobbled streets are like driving over a quarry road and the gullies are choked with debris. Junkies huddle together outside the pharmacies for their methadone then get taxis at huge rates to take them home. Even the Pound shop has closed down and tourists have to walk through Baker Street to get to the castle and the pedestrians look like extras from "Thriller". Beggars hassle everyone for money and an endless stream of golf clubs and guitars filter like ants trying to raise a few quid at the tat shop "Cash Converters". Bins are overflowing and ordinary guys scavenge for dog-ends....I need a holiday!!!
    Sounds like the majority of Scotland. Just glad I travel through at night and am up on the hill in the daytime