Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: rifle rebarrel cost

rifle rebarrel cost

how much would it cost to have my cz 527 .22 hornet rebarrelled to .17 hornet?

Depends a bit on the tube you put on and whether the smith has to buy a reamer but you are probably looking at £600-700 at least. If you want a 17 then have a look in classifieds as there is a lightly used tikka in 17 Fireball with a stainless shilen barrel for sale with dies and rings that would work out loads cheaper. Especially if you sell your hornet to offset the cost

Was asked same question yesterday....

By the time you factor in the barrel, you would be looking at circa 600 no matter which person did the work I think, cheaper to replace whole rifle in long run..

if only someone did an affordanble high quality take-down, switch barrel rifle with new barrels at under £500 with no need for a whole new bolt when changing.....
    “One does not hunt in order to kill; one kills in order to have hunted.” - Jose Ortega y Gasset

Quote Originally Posted by pietasvenatores View Post
    if only someone did an affordanble high quality take-down, switch barrel rifle with new barrels at under £500 with no need for a whole new bolt when changing.....
    Dreamer !

they do its called a blaser rifle

Now don't be silly this is Rip Off Britain .................................................. ... please try to remember that.

Anyone know how much the pre-chambered Bergaras cost? They Headspace similar to a Savage i think and only need a Gauge to fit.

Yorkie.

Actually any barrel can be fitted using the Savage idea of the lock nut providing the action is suitable. The barrel just needs a longer shank and thread. The stock inletting would need altering to suit of course.

Bergara pre chambered barrels are £450 fitted at Rhino Rifles they are doing my Remington at the moment in 30-06
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY