Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 308 and 7mm08 Factory Ammunition Boxes complete with inserts

308 and 7mm08 Factory Ammunition Boxes complete with inserts

Can anyone sell me a couple of .308W and 7mm08 Rem 20 round quality factory ammo boxes complete with the inserts (any manufacturer except Privi)? I need two boxes, in good condition, for each calibre in order to transport my reloads to Africa and Ireland.

My existing boxes are getting tatty.

Thanks,

Phil
    Yet another 7mm08 user....

whats wrong with a plastic ammo box

Maybe so on quick inspection reloads look like factory ammo?

I use a small, red, metal, cash box lined with a very thin layer of polystyrene.
    That is big enough to hold 42 rounds of 30-06.
    Four layers in the plastic holders, with the belt loops cut off, of ten across with a spare loose round at each end in line with the profile of the lid.
    No need for the outer carton at all.

There is a need for Ireland on the ferry. Stena Line insist that the ammunition is in the original manufacturers packaging. Three years ago one of my shooting companions was prevented from getting on the ferry because his ammo was not in factory boxes. He had to dump part of his ammo at the local police station in Holyhead and then pick it up on the return.

I have previously used factory ammo boxes for Africa also in case anyone says that reloads cannot be transported.

Phil

If you still have none i may have some....C

Quote Originally Posted by Philwilk View Post
    There is a need for Ireland on the ferry. Stena Line insist that the ammunition is in the original manufacturers packaging. Three years ago one of my shooting companions was prevented from getting on the ferry because his ammo was not in factory boxes. He had to dump part of his ammo at the local police station in Holyhead and then pick it up on the return.

I have previously used factory ammo boxes for Africa also in case anyone says that reloads cannot be transported.

Phil
    never heard that one before regarding the ferry,never had a problem only when the ey told us we wasn't licenced to carry ammo,a quick call to the home office soon proved them wrong,
    never had a problem in Africa either,in fact out of all the countries Ive hunted in Africa was by far the easiest to get gun and ammo in and out

I have not had problems with Africa but I have with Ireland, simple as that. It depends who is on duty at the time and if they are anti-shooting how much hassle they can give you. Two twenty round .308W or similar ammo boxes just fit nicely inside the cheap lockable cash tin that I use to carry my ammo in.

Phil

I have Norma .308 boxes in crisp new condition if needed..or I think I might have some Sako too

Thanks urx, Crimsonbullseye pm'd me to say that he had some and I am waiting for him to ghet back to me. If I get stuck I will contact you. Thanks.

Phil