Thread: New Moderator

New Moderator

Hi guys i am after a bit of info about my new moderator, i have just bought a Wildcat Predator 8 for my .243, when i was looking at it in the gunshop it had a purple circle on the end of the mod, but when looking at it earlier i noticed it was black, i am wondering is there different colours for different calibres and i so what colour should it be for .243? He obviously swapped it over but im left wondering if its the right one. Any help will be much appreciated, thanks.

The safest thing to do with all moderators is what I do is to hold the mod in one hand and a round(bullet) in the other and see if it will touch on where the round leaves the mod, if you have sufficient space circumference between the round and mod bingo if not, don't need to explain. Even if the mod say's 243 still check with a 243 round by hand before you fire one through it.

Ok will do that, thank you very much

I always check a mod by seeing if the neck of a case will fit down the exit hole of the mod if it will there is enough clearance for the bullet

Quote Originally Posted by jb7x57 View Post
    I always check a mod by seeing if the neck of a case will fit down the exit hole of the mod if it will there is enough clearance for the bullet
    That's what you though me mate if you remember
    Last edited by weeman; 01-06-2013 at 16:34.