Thread: Sauer 101

Sauer 101

UMMM must say I am very tempted with a new Sauer 101 in .30-06, has any one shot one of these or own one yet?
    Would love some feedback and inparticular the wooden stock version and also how do you find the safety in operation?
    Last edited by Sako3006; 01-06-2013 at 18:06.
    The ORDNANCE QF 18 pounder Field Gun......I wonder if they will let me have one of these on an open ticket

I don't own one but did pick one up in the shop the other day and was very impressed with the feel, and that was comparing it to my 202.

regards,
    Gixer

Handled one at the IWA, stock shape is very practical. As far as I understand they use Bergara Buttom pulled Barrels which are in my opinion much better than any hammer forged barrel. From the outside I thought what a nice simple rifle. Only problem is that it cannot be re-barrelled with an aftermarket barrel. In other words if for whatever reason the barrel doesn't shoot or gets pitted or wears out one can just throw the rifle in the bin.
    edi

Yes just found out about the 'Fixed Barrel' which to be honest is a bit of a turn off. Though you would expect a life times service (provided it is looked after) from a Sauer, things do some times go wrong and not being able to simply change a barrel is not so good.
    The ORDNANCE QF 18 pounder Field Gun......I wonder if they will let me have one of these on an open ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Sako3006 View Post
    Yes just found out about the 'Fixed Barrel' which to be honest is a bit of a turn off. Though you would expect a life times service (provided it is looked after) from a Sauer, things do some times go wrong and not being able to simply change a barrel is not so good.
    It is highly unlikely though and most rifles today will last a lifetime for the average stalker/sporting user.

Regards,

Gixer1

a very interesting read, the rifle looks really nice and I would definately give it a serious look. The only thing i really question is the fixed barrel but a has already been said its life should be pretty good. However the thought of a disposable rifle somehow doesnt fit with me.

regards

​matthew