Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Simon Wilkins from Wadebridge in Cornwall (Buyer beware)

Simon Wilkins from Wadebridge in Cornwall (Buyer beware)

Thought I would share my dealings with this bloke over the last week. I have been looking for a S&B 8x56 for a while now and last weekend one appeared on *ebay 390601876298 . The listing included the sellers mobile number so I sent him a txt with an offer. My offer was excepted and was told once funds received he would end the auction and post, the sellers bank details where sent via txt to do a bank transfer.
    So a couple of days later when I asked if he had received the funds as the scope was still listed he said yes but left the listing as he had 2 identical scopes.
    Well the scope arrived today or should I say a scope arrived today. The scope advertised was supposed to be in very good condition and 12 months old, the one I received had a couple of sets of ring marks as well as other marks on the body and had a serial number starting with 302*** so is well over 7 years old as I have another starting 308*** made in 2006. When I put this to him i got the reply "send it back then" So now what do I do?
    Send it back to a dishonest person and chance I will end up with no scope a and no refund or keep it and chalk it up to experience.
    Well I have decided that I would only return it IF he returns my cash first, after all I sent him cash before receiving goods. That got no reply so I thought I would share my dealings with him in case any one else from the shooting communality should come across him.
    So should you come across seller vercs45 or if you have dealings with Simon Wilkins from Wadebridge in Cornwall be cautious as he obviously has no morels. I believe he also is MD of Cornish Game http://cornishgame.co.uk/index.php, I cant comment on how he conducts he business from here as I have had no dealings with his company. But I would not do any business with him full stop, dishonest and untrustworthy.
    Now the internet is a big place and I am sure someone on here will no this bloke personally and say the sun shine out of his **se. If so maybe he will think twice before conning someone else.

Take a drive mate

The auction you quoted (390601876298) is still live with 3 bids and doesn't end until tomorrow so it does look like you've been sold a pup...

I'd just send it back, and if no money appears then take action. There's no point winding him up, or you will end up with nothing. Once sorted, do what you will, but keep you powder dry until you're happy
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

No contact number on his website! Seems a very strange way to run a business!!

if you brought it through ebay, then ask for a refund, if not and your not going to lose to much money keep hold of it. i take it the scope is in good condition apart from the ring marks.

that scope is still running on ebay contact ebay feller as you have not been sold the scope on that rifle he has done this behind there backs ! next chap may also get a run down scope as he has three prob from his dsc courses loan rifles! or post a message on ebay request will you get the scope in the picture use anothers ebay account id so every one can veiw it.

s&b last for ever so would not be sad at a 7-10 but yes he should have come clean with you .not very nice or good pr
    as he sells stalking and dsc /dmq
    Last edited by paul o'; 01-06-2013 at 19:31. Reason: update

Quote Originally Posted by simon1979 View Post
    if you brought it through ebay, then ask for a refund, if not and your not going to lose to much money keep hold of it. i take it the scope is in good condition apart from the ring marks.
    a price was agreed not through ebay, the glass seems ok. The thing is all he had to do was give me a choice of the 2, one at a slightly cheaper price to reflect the condition. Its just anoying that you think your buying a 12 month old scope and end up with one nearer 10 years old.

this is a very good reason why you should trade out side ebay on an object as i very much doubt you would be covered by their seller/ buyer protection

did you pay via paypal??
    Official Sponsor to Team GB F Class

Quote Originally Posted by 1967spud View Post
    this is a very good reason why you should trade out side ebay on an object as i very much doubt you would be covered by their seller/ buyer protection

did you pay via paypal??
    No paid via bank transfer

not protected then feller but i would still have a pop at him on ebay