Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: .17mhr

.17mhr

just woundering if many people have a cz 452 .17hmr varmint(16''), ive had mine a while and its a great rifle, apart from i find it to heavy. just woundering what other use and is there any other makes/models which are lighter (perfer wood stock to)
    any import is greatly welcomed
    atb
    simon

I have a CZ452 Hmr 16" Varmint in a Boyds Thumb Hole stock -yes it's quite heavy but I love it.

I also have a Browning T bolt Hmr 16" Synthetic stock very light - has my N750 fitted, awesome combination.

yeah, when youve got the mod and bipod on its heavy, great gun though. just woundering if i can this with a standard barrel 16'' how much lighter it would be.
    yeah not sure on the t bolt, think it would take a bit of getting used to

so hows your t-bolt compare to your cz?
    Last edited by simon1979; 01-06-2013 at 20:47.

The trigger lets the T bolt down but I have got used to it. I did the Trigger on my CZ the day I bought it - the T bolt you can adjust - but to make it light is a lot of work.
    It's a great rifle to have my N750 on as it's so light. I walk miles in the dark bunny bashing + there's no issues with the bolt fouling/catching the scope.

how do you find bolt action?,

Like the trigger - it took a bit of getting used to but it's really good.

I had the Anshutz 1416 and loved it.Again it was a little heavy but all things said it was a cracking piece of kit.

I use the 452 American with 16" barrel .... much lighter than the varmint...... fitted with rimfire magic trigger kit.... Excellent.

David.

can the barrel be swap?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimnydriver View Post
    I use the 452 American with 16" barrel .... much lighter than the varmint...... fitted with rimfire magic trigger kit.... Excellent.

David.
    Can't sing the praises of Rogers work too highly and he's a nice fella to boot