Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: etiquette with marginal medal heads..?

etiquette with marginal medal heads..?

More asking about this situation when stalking on the continent.. but if you go out and shoot something which you believe isnt a medal, but your guide does, how does it work, do you leave the head with them and they will have it scored, from then on you know where you stand? But if you have just paid say 600 for a couple of days stalking and shoot a nice 6 pointer but the guide believes it to be a bronze, how would you feel about parting with the money and leaving the head in their trust, in a foreign country with a potential language barrier?

Obviously if it is a medal head, then the guide is most likely to come back to you wanting some more wonga in exchange for the head, but if its not, and hes already had the money for a sub bronze, how likely is he to send you the head through the post?

What im asking basically is there any etiquette surrounding this situation?

Don't worry your self about medals and it won't be a problem ?

Not fussed about the medal potentially but getting the head back from the guide, if theres a dispute what basically boils down to money, hes not going to let go of the head until he knows if it is a medal or not..

just curious really, the situation is totally hypothetical and im in no dispute with anyone regarding this fictional situation..

Pay your money you tightwad you've been rubbing shoulders with the biscuit monster for too long, you're beginning to get his ways .
    Better to have failed again than to have lifted someones leg

Quote Originally Posted by snowy View Post
    Pay your money you tightwad you've been rubbing shoulders with the biscuit monster for too long, you're beginning to get his ways .
    Lol.. me, tight?! never!

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfisherman View Post
    Lol.. me, tight?! never!
    You're not defending the biscuit monster then ????? .
    Better to have failed again than to have lifted someones leg

Perhaps you should stay in the UK, plenty of roebuck's and no issues
    Cheers
    Richard

Pay the base price and upon receipt of the cic sheet then send the extra funds

+1 and get plenty of pics so you can satisfi yourself it's the same head.

Quote Originally Posted by R8 user View Post
    Pay the base price and upon receipt of the cic sheet then send the extra funds
    LET HE WHO IS WITHOUT SIN CAST THE FIRST STONE & PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE!

Take a camera, why people would pay more for a medal head amazes me, you stalk it, no differently to any other deer. I use my own system of scoring heads, I took a forum member out the other evening and he shot 2 gold medals , and was very happy, cost him a bottle of wine, but I gave him a rebate of a bottle of beer, as we were after platinum heads.