Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wanted working lurcher / whippet

Wanted working lurcher / whippet

Good home waiting for working dog or bitch must be good on lamp and good retrieve

You can't have her but here is mine,she is a Mike Brown Whippet out of 'Sooty Sam' .........

Good luck in your search mate.
    Martin

You would have more luck on The Hunting Life forum bud.

she looks a cracking bitch mate

Quote Originally Posted by Rake Aboot View Post
    You would have more luck on The Hunting Life forum bud.
    thanks ill take a look

Sooty Sam?.............she looks remarkably young to be out of him, lol. I had a 'Whippet' out of the same Lines, nice Bitch of good size, but not for me. Couldn't stop her yapping when she was chasing, tried lots of things. I hung on until she was nearly 12 Months old before putting her in a situation to chase anything, but she just got excited/frustrated. Bought for 450 at 8 weeks and sold at 16 Months old for 100, even that was just to help stop peddlers. She was very hardy and took a knock well.

Quote Originally Posted by BobWright View Post
    Sooty Sam?.............she looks remarkably young to be out of him, lol. I had a 'Whippet' out of the same Lines, nice Bitch of good size, but not for me. Couldn't stop her yapping when she was chasing, tried lots of things. I hung on until she was nearly 12 Months old before putting her in a situation to chase anything, but she just got excited/frustrated. Bought for 450 at 8 weeks and sold at 16 Months old for 100, even that was just to help stop peddlers. She was very hardy and took a knock well.
    The pics were a few yrs ago bud,and as for yours yapping,when did you start her off agewise? I think it might of been your fault by starting her far too early,Mike breeds a very consistent line and mine is definitely out of SS and i have the KC lineage here,she is 6 yrs old now and still doing it,as well as being an excellent deer finder.I also agree mine too will take a hard knock............

Man,that's a knock and a half!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ouch! Love a long dog but still smarting from the less than approving glares afforded my Saluki cross at a 1980's BDS event.

K

You'd be better training your own mate, what work you going to be doing with it?