Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 58

Thread: Why you should choose Jelen for your DSC1 training!!

  1. #1

    Why you should choose Jelen for your DSC1 training!!

    To find out why you should choose Jelen Deer Services to deliver your DSC1 training, click on the link below.

    www.jelendeer.com/landing-dsc1.php

    All this, and 100% money back guarantee!

    Regards,

    Mike.


    Mike Allison
    Managing Director - Jelen Deer Services






  2. #2
    are you saying you have never had a candidate fail ???

  3. #3
    Mike,

    Not your best video that mate, uneasy, unfluent and at times painfull to watch.

    Weve had our moments and on a full course I still cant see how you can get everyone through the gralloch, demo and range day with all the class time needed

    It would be interesting to see how an impartial stalker who attended the BDS course and your course and then gave an unbiased appraisal.

    The best part of the video was seeing your Help For Heroes wrist band. Your not all bad

    Terry
    Blessed be the sheeple for they shall inherit bugger all...

  4. #4
    Hi Terry,

    Thanks for your observations, and I hope I didn't cause you too much pain. Lol

    I always find it quite amusing that people wish to compare our courses with the BDS ones??? ... Why is that? ... I am genuinely interested.

    Regards,

    Mike.

    Mike Allison
    ​Managing Director - Jelen Deer Services

  5. #5
    Mike,

    I think any course not just yours that shortens the time spent onsite, classroom, range etc can be viewed with a certain amount of scepticism for the following reasons.

    I appreciate and am aware of your pre-course material mate but in a world where as an example a course was previously five days somebody then offers it in four days and before you know it theres a training organisation offering it for half the price in two days.

    It seems like theres a never ending desire for shorter cheaper courses which regardless deliver ever better training with higher and better performing pass rates.

    There for me comes a point where this just does not add up.

    Cheers Mike

    Terry
    Blessed be the sheeple for they shall inherit bugger all...

  6. #6
    You are not taking into account the level of preparedness of the candidates. A candidate that is a good shooter, and already has a high level of safety awareness, and has a good appreciation of the 6 species for visualisation and gender recognition is 60% there before he turns up for lectures and presentation. You then can factor in familiarity with the subject matter of the two written tests.

    Such a candidate will naturally seek the best provider package suitable to his needs, and feel fairly confident that a shorter but concentrated time on classwork, online testing and mock assessments will bring success.

    Those who are less confident, or aware that they are ill-prepared will seek out a provider with more class time available.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Greymaster View Post
    You are not taking into account the level of preparedness of the candidates. A candidate that is a good shooter, and already has a high level of safety awareness, and has a good appreciation of the 6 species for visualisation and gender recognition is 60% there before he turns up for lectures and presentation. You then can factor in familiarity with the subject matter of the two written tests.

    Such a candidate will naturally seek the best provider package suitable to his needs, and feel fairly confident that a shorter but concentrated time on classwork, online testing and mock assessments will bring success.

    Those who are less confident, or aware that they are ill-prepared will seek out a provider with more class time available.
    Exactly!

    And in addition you dont take into account the class size! We believe that a class with fewer candidates makes for better education. The pass rates achieved by our students speaks for itself. Our students have so far achieved 100% first time pass rate (although we may have had one failure on the last course!!), and we don't think any other training provider can equal that on a consistent basis.

    Also as mentioned in my video, our style of teaching differs from most, if not all other trainers

    I understand one of the 'large' organisations ran a course of 28 people in the west country, and had almost a 50% failure rate.

    Longer courses, more students? ... Doesn't always provide quality teaching.

    Just my opinion folks.

    Regards,

    Mike

    Mike Allison
    (Manging Director - Jelen Deer Services)

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Jelendeer View Post
    Exactly!

    And in addition you dont take into account the class size! We believe that a class with fewer candidates makes for better education. The pass rates achieved by our students speaks for itself. Our students have so far achieved 100% first time pass rate (although we may have had one failure on the last course!!), and we don't think any other training provider can equal that on a consistent basis.

    Also as mentioned in my video, our style of teaching differs from most, if not all other trainers

    I understand one of the 'large' organisations ran a course of 28 people in the west country, and had almost a 50% failure rate.

    Longer courses, more students? ... Doesn't always provide quality teaching.

    Just my opinion folks.

    Regards,

    Mike

    Mike Allison
    (Manging Director - Jelen Deer Services)
    surely its up to the individual to do there homework prior to taking the course or the test,you cannot teach people who havnt got a clue to pass level one in 3 days,are you saying out of all the courses you have ran only 1 person has failed ??
    if the candiates have done there prep prior to the course or test it shouldnt matter if theres 50 in a class
    with regards to the video Iam with Mr Sniper,its shocking.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by see it shoot it View Post
    surely its up to the individual to do there homework prior to taking the course or the test,you cannot teach people who havnt got a clue to pass level one in 3 days,are you saying out of all the courses you have ran only 1 person has failed ??
    if the candiates have done there prep prior to the course or test it shouldnt matter if theres 50 in a class
    with regards to the video Iam with Mr Sniper,its shocking.
    Thats the main point, I was in a group of 6 or 7 with Jelen and it was very obvious who had done the preparation and who hadn't, thats the whole point of the short courses that you are expected to learn the basics first then you can spend more time on the things that need to be classroom taught and actually get people to pass the questions. We had two people who expected to turn up on the first day and just learn the material to pass, they did but that was more down to the guys running the course than anything else and they were seriously worried about their lack of work by the end of day 1. The issue with large classes is you can't pick the people out who need the most work and get them up to speed, we had done mock tests for a good few weeks before going and any number we wanted to online so passing relied on really getting through the shooting and safety parts rather than the classroom part.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by al4x1 View Post
    Thats the main point, I was in a group of 6 or 7 with Jelen and it was very obvious who had done the preparation and who hadn't, thats the whole point of the short courses that you are expected to learn the basics first then you can spend more time on the things that need to be classroom taught and actually get people to pass the questions. We had two people who expected to turn up on the first day and just learn the material to pass, they did but that was more down to the guys running the course than anything else and they were seriously worried about their lack of work by the end of day 1. The issue with large classes is you can't pick the people out who need the most work and get them up to speed, we had done mock tests for a good few weeks before going and any number we wanted to online so passing relied on really getting through the shooting and safety parts rather than the classroom part.
    what exactly needs to be class room taught ?? everything you need to study and learn is in the pack your given when you register plus its a looks easier now due to CDs ect.and as to the shooting and safety test if you cant pass that you should own a rifle.
    I just cant see the need for a 3 day course when you can do it all at home.people have passed this test without even seeing a deer let alone stalked and shot one.

Similar Threads

  1. Dsc1 training with jelen
    By 7upwestmids in forum Training and Qualifications
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-08-2012, 22:50
  2. jelen online training
    By Deanandrew64 in forum Training and Qualifications
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-02-2012, 06:34
  3. jelen deer services DSC1 Training
    By Deanandrew64 in forum Training and Qualifications
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-01-2012, 07:54
  4. Free Jelen dsc1 training cd rom
    By 223 in forum Deer Stalking Equipment
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 24-04-2011, 15:12
  5. *SOLD* Jelen Deer Services DSC1 Training Aid CD
    By charliefox in forum Deer Stalking Equipment
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-04-2011, 11:29

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •