Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a top quality moderator recommendation for a Blaser R8 in .243

Looking for a top quality moderator recommendation for a Blaser R8 in .243

Hi Guys, I am very tempted at getting an R8 Pro in .243. However, I note the muzzle thread has some barrel removed for quite a way past the thread which would make my normal choice of muzzle can (jet-z) look a bit odd. Thoughts are for an over the barrel mod and wonder if you guys could recommend a really good quality proven product, please?

Never thought I would find myself buying a Blaser or .243 but think this will make a great roe and foxing set up.

cheers

​Penyard

Don't know what you remember of mine on the AW mate, but that is an MAE of New Zealand origin. Mine as you know isn't an over barrel, but it is an option they offer.

Owning a gun or knife and not using it, is akin to not sleeping with your girlfriend to keep her neat and tidy for the next bloke.

Quote Originally Posted by Penyard View Post
    Hi Guys, I am very tempted at getting an R8 Pro in .243. However, I note the muzzle thread has some barrel removed for quite a way past the thread which would make my normal choice of muzzle can (jet-z) look a bit odd. Thoughts are for an over the barrel mod and wonder if you guys could recommend a really good quality proven product, please?

Never thought I would find myself buying a Blaser or .243 but think this will make a great roe and foxing set up.

cheers

​Penyard
    I have the Trident on my R8 6.5x55.. Does a good enough job, looks like it belongs etc.. I much prefer using my R8 naked though.. the compact size and wonderful balance have nothing to interfere with them then! :-)

The Blaser has a spigot thread ( the bit missing that you refer to )
    you just need a mod that is 15x1 spigot.
    You can have a muzzle mounted one if you wish and you would not see the spigot.
    I have an R8 pro and did have a jet Z on the end but it made the rifle slip back off the shoulder as it was too heavy and upset the balance of the rifle.
    I changed to a Atec Maxim over barrel mod. It balances well now.
    I would be looking at these type of mods such as the new Hardy mod or the Atec etc.
    ​hope this helps.

Chalk up a vote for the Hardy Gen IV
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by Grant.N View Post
    The Blaser has a spigot thread ( the bit missing that you refer to ) you just need a mod that is 15x1 spigot....
    This is the answer.

Get a lightweight mod with a 15mm spigot.
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

Don't know if a Third Eye Tactical would fit over the barrel they do both styles in nearly any thread.
    Very Nice mod, Stripable and light.
    I have 2 and they are quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by I. Farticus View Post
    Chalk up a vote for the Hardy Gen IV
    +1

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    ase utra.

end of

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by bobjs View Post
    ase utra.

end of

bob.
    Great mod, too damn heavy for a stalking rifle.
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......