Thread: Stalking in the Scottish Borders with Amanda16

Stalking in the Scottish Borders with Amanda16

​Having recently been out stalking with Amanda16 (Tam) I thought I would share my experience.

We met at 4am, and set off to the stalking ground - a vast area of prime forest in the Scottish Borders. Within 5 minutes we saw our first roe buck in a clearing about 60 yards or so away. Before I could set up the rifle, the buck became aware of our presence and ran off into the dense forest. After seeing at least 12 other deer, our chance at a safe shot came when an old roe buck entered the clearing at the bottom of the valley. We stalked down to roughly 100 - 150 yards away. With the rifle set up, we waited for the buck to turn side on. He did. I took the shot and he ran only a few yards before dropping. Success.

After a very quick and professional gralloch by Tam, the buck was loaded into the roe sack and we set off back to the car with me struggling up the mountain (ok, steep hill!). I honestly had no idea how unfit I am. Tam offered to take the roe sack and, even with the added load, managed to power on quicker than me.

My thanks again to Tam for a great morning out. If anyone is looking for exciting stalking in lovely countryside full of deer, I would highly recommend contacting Tam. He is a genuine guy happy to share his knowledge and experience.

AO

Congrats, well done!
    People's hobbies are more their measure's than are their jobs.