Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DSC level 2

DSC level 2

Im interested in doing the level 2 as in furture I want to rent some more ground and it seems that DSC 2 is a must these days.

Can someone tell me how it all works, I did briefly look into it before but cant remember all the details

Thanks.

Usually you use your level one provider. You register for level two. You find stalking with a local AW list provided with the registration. You lead this all the way. It is field work. If you can provide the field it is reasonable otherwise it can get expensive. An Aw coming to your ground, provided you have deer, is the best option. You know the ground, you lead the stalk. You answer the questions. You both fill in he portfolio. Three successful stalks including deer perpetration. Done deal. Sounds easy. Don't be fooled and be ready for the assessors call.
    Last edited by jimbo123p; 04-06-2013 at 14:32.

Quote Originally Posted by Boarboy View Post
    Im interested in doing the level 2 as in furture I want to rent some more ground and it seems that DSC 2 is a must these days.

Can someone tell me how it all works, I did briefly look into it before but cant remember all the details

Thanks.
    All details available online if you Google 'DSC2' and 'DMQ'
    Just be aware that the average candidate requires fifteen Stalks with an Approved Witness to complete the three Individual Cull Records.
    This may explain why out of 18,711 successful DSC1 candidates only 4,115 have now completed their DSC2 - a lot of candidates never come round to completing it.

"the average candidate requires fifteen Stalks with an Approved Witness to complete the three Individual Cull Records"

I gather that is builds in the likelihood of fruitless stalks?

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Hamburger View Post
    All details available online if you Google 'DSC2' and 'DMQ'
    Just be aware that the average candidate requires fifteen Stalks with an Approved Witness to complete the three Individual Cull Records.
    This may explain why out of 18,711 successful DSC1 candidates only 4,115 have now completed their DSC2 - a lot of candidates never come round to completing it.
    Not quite correct (pedantic icon please Admin), as not everyone who completes DSC1 goes on to register for DSC2.

The full stats are as follows:

Latest statistics DSC1 DSC2
    Registered 20,140 7,320
    Completed 18,711 4,115

So of the 18,711 DSC1 holders eligible to register for DSC2, 7,320 have done so, and of these 4,115 have actually completed it.

willie_gunn
    Last edited by willie_gunn; 06-06-2013 at 17:54.

Quote Originally Posted by Greymaster View Post
    "the average candidate requires fifteen Stalks with an Approved Witness to complete the three Individual Cull Records"

I gather that is builds in the likelihood of fruitless stalks?
    Yes, that includes fruitless stalks. I have the numbers from an AW - they're not made up.
    My own DSC2 actually required 16 Stalks many, many times with either no deer spotted at all, or no safe shot possible.

Quote Originally Posted by willie_gunn View Post
    Not quite correct (pedantic icon please Admin), as not everyone who completes DSC1 goes on to register for DSC2.

The full stats are as follows:

Latest statistics DSC1 DSC2
    Registered 20,140 7,320
    Completed 18,711 4,115

So of the 18,711 DSC1 holders eligible to register for DSC2, 7,320 have done so, and of these 4,115 have actually completed it.

willie_gunn
    You're being pedantic

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Hamburger View Post
    My own DSC2 actually required 16 Stalks.

Too much talk of how many stalks it takes. You can only shoot what's there and then only when safe. That's the whole point of it, Stalking into the animal and then only shooting it if its safe. That's what the test is, can you stalk into an animal and then is everything else done safely. I know candidates who have gone out 3 times and completed. In fact my last one was. We were on his ground that he knew well and it all worked. Others wont be so lucky or may not have the skills required. That's the test.
    STALKING. WILD BOAR IN FRANCE. SOLE UK AGENT FOR BACONNES DOMAINE DE CHASSE. TRAINING. DSC 1 COURSES AND DSC 2 WITNESSING. FIRST AID FOR STALKERS.
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
    www.stalkinginengland.co.uk Stalkers online shop at www.deerstalkingequipmentandclothing.co.uk
    www.hunteurope.co.uk or contact 01728 745066 during office hours.