A few bunnies with the air rifle...

merlin

I had a couple of hours out last night with one of my air rifles (Air Arms s410k in .177 if anyone's interested! :D ) helping a mate out with a pest control requirement that needed some rabbits removing.

We had a fairly productive couple of hours, accounting for 18 in total - and could probably have had a few more but my lamp battery died at around 11.30pm....:oops: (Note to self: make sure it's fully charged next time....:doh: )

A job well done, the right tool for the job, a happy mate, and some bunnies for the BBQ. Job's a good 'un....

View attachment 29013View attachment 29014

ATB,

Merlin

Good shooting chap. I have a new to me hw 100 kt and am finding the pellets i use just go straight through. Just interested what pellet you use

Regards pete

Good shooting chap. I have a new to me hw 100 kt and am finding the pellets i use just go straight through. Just interested what pellet you use

Regards pete

Cheers Pete.

I use Air Arms Field pellets, and have done for years - accurate & consistent. (I also run AA Fields thorugh my other air rifles, both in .22 - a BSA Ultra and an FAC Daystate Huntsman. Same results!)

Thanks merlin. I normally use the. 22 lr for rabbits but have got a bit of new ground to shoot which faces a road so air rifle is the safe option. I used a hw 77 k for years with rws superdomes and accounted for many rabbits with it. I then moved to a falcon in. 177 which is supurb with bisley magnums and now the hw 100 in 177. Ive tried bisley magnums, h&n ftt and now h&n barracuda hunter. The hnuters are almost hollow point which i thought would hit hard but they just drill straight on through. Not had enough time to play with it properly and the down range power is very impressive. Had a rabbit at 40 yards which lept in the air and lay down what i thought was stone dead only to watch it just go in the headge. Thats the first time ive been able to follow a blood trail from a rabbit though

Back