Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Possible Medal Buck?

Possible Medal Buck?

Hi All, was out stalking a couple of nights ago and came across this Buck on my land.Think he might be a possible medal, what you think? Here's hoping.
    Atb DodeClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0126.jpg 
Views:	418 
Size:	355.5 KB 
ID:	29028

First impression yes, nice looking head with some weight to it as far as i can tell.
    Last edited by mudman; 05-06-2013 at 08:48.

Cracking heed fella looks like it could make a medal,regardless it's a fine specimen.

Very nice!

I notice you're based in Dundee. I stalk near there, on the South side of the Tay, and have never seen anything even close to that in size. I'd begun to think there was something about the soil chemistry/vegetation/microclimate that constrained antler size in the area. Very encouraging.

An excellent specimen.
    DO NOT CUT THE SCULL PRIOR TO C.I.C. MEASUREMENT.

HWH.

Hi Mungo, thanks for your interest. That buck was shot towards Perth area, you must be shooting in Fife. I've heard there's a lot of good heads over there so hopefully one of them will wander on to your ground during the rut. Happy stalking.
    atb
    Dode

Quote Originally Posted by Mungo View Post
    Very nice!

I notice you're based in Dundee. I stalk near there, on the South side of the Tay, and have never seen anything even close to that in size. I'd begun to think there was something about the soil chemistry/vegetation/microclimate that constrained antler size in the area. Very encouraging.

Nice head, great picture, Waidmannsheil!
    Boil it, clean it (whole skull) and get it measured... Should be worth the effort!
    People's hobbies are more their measure's than are their jobs.

Nice buck it will all depend on the the scull weight when dry I shot a good one two weeks ago will try to get a photo its over 570 grams

Where in fife do you stalk mungo?

Nice looking head, although its always difficult to tell from a photo, particularly as its face on only. I would say its a definite bronze possibly silver. But as Stag has said do not cut it once you have it boiled out.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.