Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DSC 1 South Wales ?

DSC 1 South Wales ?

Hi I'm looking into doing my dsc1 in the near future where's the nearest place to me and details if anyone knows.
    Im located in gwent South Wales
    Thanks
    grant

I would also like to know as I will be trying for this to

BDS do one at Cirencester not a million miles away
    Last edited by Dickie; 11-06-2013 at 19:23. Reason: crap spelling

If you can get enough names together, contact the BDS and see if they will organise a date. I did mine on the range by the severn bridge. I also know of a 200m range in South Wales who are looking to run the DSC1.

Ade

Criggion Estate near Welshpool in Mid Wales hold them several times a year. Gaz

BASC usually run one near Llandilo in the autum ask Meurig Rees he usually organises it and is director Wales for BASC now that Glyn Cook has retired, if not he will deffinatly know the nearest.
    Last edited by CWMMAN3738; 13-06-2013 at 07:52.
    LET HE WHO IS WITHOUT SIN CAST THE FIRST STONE & PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE!

Grunt I live not a million miles from you and tried to arrange a course last year after several people told me that they were interested. It wasn’t for my benefit as I had done it years ago but I was prepared to do some of the arrangements for them and we already had a suitable 100 yard full bore range to use for the shooting tests, and a classroom. Fifteen people originally said that they were interested and we were over subscribed. I actually went to a great deal of effort to arrange this and the guys who said that they were interested actually selected a training provider and I handed the final arrangements over to someone who would be on the course. When it came to crunch time only two guys were prepared to put their money where their mouths were and most pulled out citing various excuses. I shan’t bother again and if they want a course they can make their own arrangements and be prepared to travel more than 20 miles or so to do so. After all there is no shortage of training providers for DSC1 if you simply look.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by CWMMAN3738 View Post
    BASC usually run one near Llandilo in the autum ask Myreg Rees he usually organises it and is director Wales for BASC now that Glyn Cook has retired, if not he will deffinatly know the nearest.
    Unfortunately since Glyn's retirement the service and number of events have declined to a poor level.

Funnily enough I collared Meurig at a petrol station last week about this very subject, he told me that there were no plans for the course at Llandielo this year but they were hoping to run one at a new venue in Aberystwyth. He could not give a date as they couldn't find an assessor to run the course yet.

I spoke to Meurig about this and so did a friend we were also told maybe Abeystwyth. I know of four people local to me that say they would like to do thier DSC1 .... Maybe when it come =s to it though they would be like 8x57 said