Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Comb Raiser for CZ 527

Comb Raiser for CZ 527

I swapped my Ruger .17 HMR for a CZ 527 in .222 Rem for foxing and just love the rifle - best trade I ever made. It has a Pecar 8x45 Champion that sits nice and low over the bore but the 527 stock drops away quite sharply and I could just do with raising my eyeline a bit. Grateful for anyone's advice on what works well ...

BEARTOOTH are good - Neoprene stock guard and 1/2 dozen different thickness of hi density foam cheek pads that slip underneath. Easy & quick to adjust. Found it great on the courses for candidates borrowing the rifle, to ensure correct eye/scope alignment & cheek weld.

Do it properly:

http://www.mooreleather.co.uk/1955-s...krest-kindstod

I'm sure this chap could make a variation on his "Kindstod" (cheekrest) that would be perfect for your CZ.

Cheers

K

Man thats nice stuff. Thanks for posting the link.

Quote Originally Posted by Klenchblaize View Post
    Do it properly:

http://www.mooreleather.co.uk/1955-s...krest-kindstod

I'm sure this chap could make a variation on his "Kindstod" (cheekrest) that would be perfect for your CZ.

Cheers

K
    isn't that Saddlers stuff from the SD?
    “One does not hunt in order to kill; one kills in order to have hunted.” - Jose Ortega y Gasset

I assume that's good if the case? Do hope so as it will be the first thing I've got right today!

K

Thanks for those suggestions - I'll have a look at the Beartooth option. The bespoke leather job looks very professional but, as Para Handy said when negotiating the price of a tender for his puffer, The Vital Spark, "It wass only a wee punt I wass efter, no a schooner yat!"

I use the beartooth one on ny cz 527 American hornet

Comb raiser

Attachment 29049Being a tight arse ,these are what I use , garden knee pads , one pair for £6.00, they even come in pink if your that way inclined , JC