Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nightforce scopes

Nightforce scopes

Is there anybody in reasonable distance of newbury with a nightforce scope. I am interested in trying it with my night vision. The search for the perfect scope to use with night vision goes on.
    I would be interested in trying an S&B as well but it must have side parallax. And I sure as hell ain't gonna buy one to find out it isn't as good as my 10 year old AGS. Mind you at the price of them I'm not sure if I would buy one anyway. Lol.
    I am open to option of other scopes to try. I use an archer by the way.
    I have tried sidewinders, ok but not great.
    Meopta, no good, shame as I really rate them as a Hunting scope.
    Leupold, very good compromise between day and night.
    OLd AGS. Best with NV so far but lower quality day optics.
    Zeiss Conquest, nope, great hunting scope but not with night vision.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

on my ns200 i had i ran an ags and a nightforce.ags won on pic quality and the nightforce was a pain to use the mag range as it moved the camera when i zoomed.i rate nightforce for target work but nightvision i would stick with ags.
    atb mike

I can overcome the movement with a bracket that clamps on to the body not the eyebell. But your comment re the AGS being better is interesting. What scopes in particular were they?
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

SD Regular
    Dec,

Nightforce are fine with NV, provided you can get round the whole eyepiece moving - I run a 5.5-22x56 on my 22.250. A Swarovski Z6 is also a good bet, in my case a 2.5-15x56 - works very nicely indeed. Finally, many claim good things from a Bushnell Elite 6500 - 2.5-15x50 when it comes to NV - I think the P/X adjusts closer than the other two. I may be laying my hands on an S&B PMII 3-12x50 shortly that might be an interesting proposition for this sort of thing as well.

HTH
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

The leup and Elite are the 2 that starlight recommend. I haven't tried the bushnell but have 2 Leups.
    I was in Wales Friday foxing and we spotted one at 265 yards. Now I was using my nightmaster illuminator and couldn't see him and we had to use the lamp instead. My battery had gone on my firefly so I am interested in the distances you can reliably shoot to with your unit.

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    A mate of mine in Selby uses my old conquest 4.5/14x44, with a pvs 14, works very very well and has taken charlies out to 250 with ease.(on a rem vssf 22.250)

not a fan of sh*tforce scopes and Bushnell don't ring my bell either but there you go,

ps: last time i used a NV set up was about 2 weeks ago (the one above) and it was cracking, but im no fan of nv as i can't afford one.

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

I use a z6i with my archer and thats fine, not as good as you can get with a cheaper scope but the nm800 makes it usable to a good 200 yards. Ok fitting it with the illumination controls involved taking an angle grinder to the scope attachment but it fits and works. The alternative compromise would have been a different scope and I really didn't want to go down the route of a leupold after having a z6i

For Sale: Swarovski 6-24x50 pvi2 highgrid tds4i

​this works very well with the archer. As does my pm2. Nightforce work ok. I had a leupold which was rubbish in comparason, the 4.5-14x 50 that starlight reccomend too.
    Last edited by Offroad Gary; 10-06-2013 at 12:21.

Just spotted your comment. Unfortunately with it being front pa that would drive me nuts.
    i am leaning towards a Z6i. Dunno why cos I have never looked through one. But a few people have made good comments aside from ETR.
    ​S&B seem to be stupidly expensive unless I am looking at the wrong ones.

Not sure why the front px would be an issue, once set up theres no need to touch it. Better being out the way than on the side imo. Im sure the illumination controls on the z6i would be a problem