Thread: Crane flys

Crane flys

Whats going on?
    Usually daddy long legs hatch late july early august dont they?
    Thousands of them over the last couple of days around here.
    Harsh winter? Wet spring? Ides of March?
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Im seeing the same too. Watched the trout taking them off the top this evening. Can't work out this year everything is all mixed up. Tried using the caller today on the off chance.

Hi thank you for the offer yes I am interested in joining you how do we get in touch . Peter k.

Nothing unusual, I often see them blown onto the river in April, they are land born insects, the one's I see are different to the August type, perhaps we have an entomologist on the site who could enlighten us?
    Cheers
    Richard

I saw the first ones of the year day before yesterday and thought it odd but nothing surprises me these days.
    LET HE WHO IS WITHOUT SIN CAST THE FIRST STONE & PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE!

While is was at work tis morning I clearly heard a cuckoo calling unbelievable the tenant I was talking to said that's a bit late isn't it bazil

saw my first crane fly on the doorstep this morning and though it odd - normally late august through to october

The greenhouse seems to be attracting daddy long legs in their dozens this last couple of weeks they're not half keeping the resident spider population busy though!