Thread: Bino's

Bino's

New Zeiss conquest 8x42.... are they any good? Or a 2nd hand pair of swaro 7x42 slc? Any reasons for either? They are roughly the same price range im looking at so wat wud you choose?
    Always think before you pull that trigger.

Try each and see which are better for you. Zeiss/Swarovski/Leica et al are all excellent optics and it will likely come down to what feels best in your hands. I tried all three manufacturers and the Swarovski just felt better ergonomically for me, so that was where my money went.

Quote Originally Posted by Virbius View Post
    Try each and see which are better for you. Zeiss/Swarovski/Leica et al are all excellent optics and it will likely come down to what feels best in your hands. I tried all three manufacturers and the Swarovski just felt better ergonomically for me, so that was where my money went.

Thanks for that. I was also interested in the after sale service. Say if the seconhand pair dont cone with the warrenty is it worth buying the new pair just for that fact. Or should that not be sonething i would need to worry about?

Only you can really answer that depending on your attitude to risk and generically whether you prefer to buy new or used. There are plenty of threads on here of people sending secondhand goods to be serviced and being returned with no charge, but it's always a risk with buying used. Again, most of the top end stuff and some not-so top end, do have very good after-sales as they have a reputation to uphold. I also believe that the quality of goods these days is generally very good with modern materials and manufacturing techniques, so if you pay for quality, even if second hand, it is likely to last you an awfully long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Virbius View Post
    Only you can really answer that depending on your attitude to risk and generically whether you prefer to buy new or used. There are plenty of threads on here of people sending secondhand goods to be serviced and being returned with no charge, but it's always a risk with buying used. Again, most of the top end stuff and some not-so top end, do have very good after-sales as they have a reputation to uphold. I also believe that the quality of goods these days is generally very good with modern materials and manufacturing techniques, so if you pay for quality, even if second hand, it is likely to last you an awfully long time.
    S
    ​o what your saying is if i get a pair of either i doubt i could go wrong. Very helpful.
    Always think before you pull that trigger.