Thread: Scrapping a rifle

Scrapping a rifle

I have got an old anshutz lightweight .22lr target rifle with a dangerous trigger and worn out bolt I need to scrap, does anyone know whats the correct way of doing this?
    Cheers

I did this with an old .410 by taking it to my rfd. He just transferred it off my cert and that was it.

If doing so see if you can apply for a 1for1 variation so you can at least keep the slot on your FAC if you want to buy a new one

Is it really,really bad Pointblank?
    I'm going to be looking for a cheap as possible .22 as I gather gear to get back keepering

Quote Originally Posted by perdix View Post
    Is it really,really bad Pointblank?
    I'm going to be looking for a cheap as possible .22 as I gather gear to get back keepering
    It's only a single shot prone target rifle, it is a club gun that I look after and occasionally it goes off when you close the bolt!

With the sloppy bolt and the other cosmetic issues it was decided best thing would be to scrap it because it wouldn't be economically viable to get it fixed. You can pick up second hand target rifles for peanuts anyway.

i had a old 10/22 distroyed all i did was take it into my local station with my fac they filled out a form for me to sign and it was done

Quote Originally Posted by sir-lamp-alot View Post
    i had a old 10/22 distroyed all i did was take it into my local station with my fac they filled out a form for me to sign and it was done

Did the same with a Speedmaster