stolen puppies

rhod.308

litter of 9, 6 week old, fox red and black lab pups taken from kennel in teesdale , co durham. if anyone hears anything please let me know thanks

pups taken from just outside middleton. appleby is in cumbria, about half an hour away so thats probably where they are.

pups taken from just outside middleton. appleby is in cumbria, about half an hour away so thats probably where they are.

I have lived here in Cumbria for 80 years and I resent your unfounded inference that we are thieves.

Either provide proof or in our Cumbrian dialect `shut thy gob`.

HWH.

Hubert, I think he may be suggesting that the puppies were taken by one of the oinflux of visitors Appleby receives at this time of year for the horse fair, the majority of which are certainly not cumbrians!

Novice

Ah yes !
It would have been racist for him to suggest such a thing so we all get tarred with the same brush !

HWH.

I’d be tempted to go right ahead mindful Jack Hargreaves (Anthropologist/Ethnologist and sometimes Countryman) didn’t shy from it for well established reason so why should we! That is if you reject the theory that behavioral modernity occurred as a sudden event some 50,000 years ago and side with the view there was never any single technological or cognitive revolution but modern human behavior is simply the result of the gradual accumulation of knowledge, skills and culture occurring over hundreds of thousands of years of human evolution.

Best leave cultural relativism there though and simply hope rhod.38 gets his pups back.

K

I have lived here in Cumbria for 80 years and I resent your unfounded inference that we are thieves.
Either provide proof or in our Cumbrian dialect `shut thy gob`.HWH.

Crikey Hugh, I'd have thought you would have had enough years to have learnt a bit more 'politeness' than that post.
I know things deteriate as you get older, I am nearly there myself, but I stiil understood what was meant by the posters reference to Appleby and Cumbria.
I was born and bred in Somerset and often hear reference to 'Worzels' but don't get so ratty on hearing it as I know different, as you should well have done also !
I agree, the pups probably are in Cumbria and I cast no aspersions to any Cumbrians reading this as Appleby is normally invaded by 'non Cumbrians' at certain times of the year but it is still in Cumbria !!

its a shame no one dare say thieving pikeys! I know a few people who have had dogs stolen and they've all been bought back from the gypo site, unfortunately no one dare mention them as their a minority group.

its a shame no one dare say thieving pikeys! I know a few people who have had dogs stolen and they've all been bought back from the gypo site, unfortunately no one dare mention them as their a minority group.
I think the Politically Correct name for them these days is Travellers, I don't know why because they don't , or at least they don't until the area is clear of scrap and anything else that isn't bolted down :(

Aye, they are on the hill now.
I hope the local farmers have got their silage in otherwise they would have a field full of free-loading horses.
A friend who lives at Appleby rung me today and said there was horse**** everywhere on the roads.

People have been prosecuted for dropping a fag end but these persons seem exempt.
Also I was told there is currently no obvious Police presence.

I hope the puppies are recovered.

HWH.

Back