Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking forward to the rut

Cool Looking forward to the rut

Seeing bucks everywhere bring it on

Went out yesterday evening and couldn't find a bugger, Does everywhere though!
    I'm telling Captain - from the Wee'est of men.

Quote Originally Posted by tjwaines View Post
    Not unusual at this time of year. I always think late May and June can be a quiet time for the bucks as the doe's are dropping their fawns and as a rule there is plenty of feed about so they do not have to look to far to take a mouthful whilst feeding up for the rut. Hopefully by early July they will put in an appearance. Lets hope the weather stays good for the rut and we get some exciting moments with the call.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

Same for me in the New Forest.

Had about thirteen hours of stalking over two and a half days, the first time I've been able to get out this year and saw only one buck. Funnily enough it was the last stalk I could fit in in the time I had and had given up hope of seeing one. Unzipped for a leak before I walked home and he ran across the field in front of me.
    Best Regards,
    Adrian.

Jedward. The reason why there are two barrels on a shotgun.

Our buck season starts on the 16th August. So the rut is almost over. Plenty of roe about this year, the most i've seen for several years. We had 2 very hard winters about 3 years ago that halved our roe population. So roe hunting this year is looking good.

Not just me then

A few big lads hiting the grass and like Haweye seeing bucks in a good few places but i will not wait on the rut i will cull mine as i find. I have found waiting for the rut sometimes to be a big let down. But i hope we have a good one.

unusual that one

Quote Originally Posted by Davie_M View Post
    unusual that one
    ​Just thinking that

Seems to me fawns are a little later this year do you think it will make the rut later this year was in Hampshire last year 2nd week of August and the rut seemed to be over just a thought regards TM 270