Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Horse hoof clippings

Horse hoof clippings

Gents,a few years ago i remember someone saying to me that horse hoof clippings were very good for attracting foxes,now i have a sack of them,can anybody remember what to do with them,i think you boil them,but cant remember,
    ​Thanks for any replies

Wotcha

As far as I am aware there is no need to boil them - just place in a remote plastic canister in the sun and it should start working.
    It may be that warm/hot water at the outset speeds things up............
    Leave top off to allow gases that build up to escape.

Ciao

fox stink yup it works and it stinks boil em up for around 3/4 hrs til just a soup in the wifes best pot use in a spray bottle but Remeber don't get it on any thing you wish to keep, but a quick dash in your mates car air vent is worth the slagging off
    Last edited by paul o'; 08-06-2013 at 15:21.

Thanks lads, the saucepan should be a good laugh,i will let you know how i get on.

Just dont do it in the house, i boiled up a head once in the house and it stank the whole house out for weeks. She was soooo not happy

what do you spray it on?
    ​do you just use it instead of bait?

I have a batch ready to go, the secret is to leav it in the sun in a demijohn or similar for several weeks after boiling, it will go black and thicken, it can then be diluted to use, beware it STINKS. Do not get it on your clothes or hands. Be careful when shooting over it as it attracts badgers as well :-)

One day I want to be as wonderful as my dogs think i am .....

makes me gag just thinking about spraying it on the tree stumps worse smell ever, even worse than the seafront bogs on a hot bank hols day ! lol ,or the dog rolling in fox crap then jumping in ya motor's driver seat eyes filling up now yuc. but works.

Quote Originally Posted by neil_r View Post
    I have a batch ready to go, the secret is to leav it in the sun in a demijohn or similar for several weeks after boiling, it will go black and thicken, it can then be diluted to use, beware it STINKS. Do not get it on your clothes or hands. Be careful when shooting over it as it attracts badgers as well :-)

Quote Originally Posted by neil_r View Post
    ​Spot on!

Quote Originally Posted by auquhollie View Post
    Just dont do it in the house, i boiled up a head once in the house and it stank the whole house out for weeks. She was soooo not happy
    +1 did the same with the first one I ever boiled out, just to make it worse also used a good stew pan & did it at tea time just as her who must be obeyed came home.
    unless you can prove it beyond all reasonable doubt, it wasn't me. If you can prove it then you must be mistaken