Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DSC1 news

DSC1 news

I heard today from a basc rep that you are now allowed to have a card with deer seasons info in front of you when you sit the dsc1.I'm a little disappointed that they hadn't advised me as I'm due to sit the test in two weeks and they could easily have lettered the candidates for the test.Just as I've finally managed to remember them too!.
    Anyway,a wee heads up for anyone who doesn't already know.

fraser

You never have been able to have the seasons written down for the test, the DSC1 has always been a Closed Book test.

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar

Re: DSC1 news

Quote Originally Posted by private fraser
    I heard today from a basc rep that you are now allowed to have a card with deer seasons info in front of you when you sit the dsc1.I'm a little disappointed that they hadn't advised me as I'm due to sit the test in two weeks and they could easily have lettered the candidates for the test.Just as I've finally managed to remember them too!.
    Anyway,a wee heads up for anyone who doesn't already know.

fraser
    Hopefully, it will be for the ID test , you should be able to remember the seasons, just focus on remembering either open or closed seasons, don't try to remember both, if you know one, either open or closed, the other will obviously fall into place.

This should remain an exam/test and not an attendance course. Alot of people already don't have much time for this exam/test stating it already is a farse, lets not make it worse, unfortunatley though, it's getting to become a requirment on ground to stalk like DSC Level 2.

At this rate, you'll just be able to apply for it through the post having sat the test on line with no time limits, distance learning.

Sorry, but I can't find the good behind the reason to have the answers infront of you when you should know this as a matter of course.......

TJ

And its still a closed book exam, I would not recommend using any form of aid other than the grey matter up top.

I can't see this being the case. It certainly wasn't when I sat mine 3 weeks ago. As others have stated I think a move like this would totally de value the whole thing.

I'm with you tartinjock.

people not knowing deer seasons is one of my pet hates!

Theres only six species and i know dates differ across the boarder ...... but come on ...... if your passionate about something ..... you take the time to learn it!!!

If this is the case, dsc 1 is losing more of its credibility in my eyes.

rant over!!!

gregg

This is news to me. It would be interesting to know who the BASC rep is, and where he got his information from. Can you let us know any more PF?

I would agree that knowing the deer seasons is essential - in your own area! But why do I need to know the seasons in Ireland if I live and only stalk in England say? If I go to Ireland or elsewhere I'll be sure to look it up beforehand. Learning stuff is great but only if it is relevant. The test should be closed book I believe, but should also be area specific.

Agree with monkey....should be rellivant to area you stalk. Take the test in scotland and do the scotish bit,,,england do the other. Otherwise where does it stop, all seasons in europe!!!

But I would say keep it closed book.

dsc1

Being able to remember dates wow!, this shows somebody must really be an uberstalker!, I for one can't remember them, the only date I half remember is the "Glorious twelfth", why do you think cards/aide memoirs are printed? This has nothing to do with passion for your chosen sport, I am ashamed to say I have to ask the Missus when my Mum/ Two sons/Dad, birthdays are etc,etc, ad infinitum, But I CAN remember load data, wonder why?