Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Eveleigh on news

Mike Eveleigh on news

Just seen Mike from B.A.S.C. giving the views of the shooting community on fees for licensing, looked a bit cut down, but the message was put across.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Mike, for those that do not know, is one of the 5 firearms officers we have at BASC. He is an ex copper and has been with us for many years.
    Best wishes
    David

Spoke to him a couple of times. Very nice guy to have a chat with

ATB
    Gary

there saying we only stump up half the costs when getting our certificates but they seem to forget that we pay council tax aswell to help fund them, wonder how much money is wasted by time wasters calling them out for nothing prehaps they should be looking to recoupe some of those costs in fines looks like the nasty gun owners get the brunt again

Bound to cost more than it needs to, when some staff don't know which end it comes out of.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by sir-lamp-alot View Post
    there saying we only stump up half the costs when getting our certificates but they seem to forget that we pay council tax aswell to help fund them, wonder how much money is wasted by time wasters calling them out for nothing prehaps they should be looking to recoupe some of those costs in fines looks like the nasty gun owners get the brunt again
    1/3 according to the NGO.
    To quote from thir press release from December 2011
    http://www.nationalgamekeepers.org.u...arms-fees-rise
    "The licensing of firearms and shot guns is to keep the public safe. It has no benefit to the licence holder. Licensees have always paid about a third of the overall cost, which is more than their share for a system designed for the public benefit. Governments have accepted that the balance should come from central funds. For the police to argue now that licensing is not a police duty when legislation has required them to undertake it since 1920 is simply extraordinary. Whenever anyone has suggested that a civilian authority could be a more appropriate vehicle for licensing, the police have always insisted on retaining responsibility."

+1 on that

Quote Originally Posted by jack View Post
    1/3 according to the NGO.
    To quote from thir press release from December 2011
    http://www.nationalgamekeepers.org.u...arms-fees-rise
    "The licensing of firearms and shot guns is to keep the public safe. It has no benefit to the licence holder. Licensees have always paid about a third of the overall cost, which is more than their share for a system designed for the public benefit. Governments have accepted that the balance should come from central funds. For the police to argue now that licensing is not a police duty when legislation has required them to undertake it since 1920 is simply extraordinary. Whenever anyone has suggested that a civilian authority could be a more appropriate vehicle for licensing, the police have always insisted on retaining responsibility."
    LET HE WHO IS WITHOUT SIN CAST THE FIRST STONE & PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE!

I wonder sometimes what the cost of a D.V.L.A. in every county would be?

Or maybe we should pay the full cost after all this is a hobby and we pay so much for everything in pursuit of are choosen hobby, why should it be subsidised by other tax payers when people pay fortunes to shoot medals to attend DSC courses 1000's on rifles-scopes suitable 4x4 vehicles hunting trips abroad its an endless list.
    Surely 200+ would be not be unreasonable. thats small change in the bigger picture of things.
    Too Old Soon Too Late Smart

Quote Originally Posted by patjack View Post
    Or maybe we should pay the full cost after all this is a hobby and we pay so much for everything in pursuit of are choosen hobby, why should it be subsidised by other tax payers when people pay fortunes to shoot medals to attend DSC courses 1000's on rifles-scopes suitable 4x4 vehicles hunting trips abroad its an endless list.
    Surely 200+ would be not be unreasonable. thats small change in the bigger picture of things.
    Yeah!, let's just accept any old level of crap service too!............... numpty!.