Thread: 10x or 12x fixed power scope

10x or 12x fixed power scope

I'm after some recommendations for a fixed power scope for my HMR. I've currently got a cheap Hawke 3x12 (came with the rifle) but it always stays on x12 so I'm after getting a fixed power scope in either x10 or x12. So far I've only seen this http://www.uttings.co.uk/Product/543...r-rifle-scope/ but don't know much about MTC.

Does anyone have any good recomendations? I'm looking to spend sub 200 (10 week old baby prevents any more funds!) so second hand would be ideal to keep a look out for if any of the better companies make scopes in this category.

I/ve used this one from Uttings for years on my .17HMR and it does the job fine - and within your budget

Look for a leupold m8 12 power fixed great bit of kit and you should get one second hand for about 200

What rifle is this for?
    If it's a short range rifle then you'll be wanting to think about parallax at 12x.
    Last edited by Milligan; 09-06-2013 at 12:08.

Quote Originally Posted by nun_hunter View Post
    I'm after some recommendations for a fixed power scope for my HMR. I've currently got a cheap Hawke 3x12 (came with the rifle) but it always stays on x12 so I'm after getting a fixed power scope in either x10 or x12. So far I've only seen this http://www.uttings.co.uk/Product/543...r-rifle-scope/ but don't know much about MTC.

Does anyone have any good recomendations? I'm looking to spend sub 200 (10 week old baby prevents any more funds!) so second hand would be ideal to keep a look out for if any of the better companies make scopes in this category.
    Keep your eyes open in classifieds for a Schmidt & bender 10x42. Will do the job. You might find a good German 6x42 or 8x56 with good optics will do the job. I find a really crisp clear image that's so magnified much better than a zoomed in not sharp image.

It's gonna be on my HMR and most if not all shooting is 100-120 metres due to the terrain where I shoot and all head shots on rabbits. Will keep my eye out for something second hand but its nice to know what brands make suitable scopes in that magnification. For example Burris make a nice fixed 6x40 but its not listed as a model on their website but you can get one but if you just had a quick look online you wouldn't know it existed.

I have a Leupold fixed 10x sitting as a spare here which I'd sell.
    PM me an e mail address if you want a picture or two.

had a few nikko sterling on various rifles and they do the job, has one on my hmr and it was just fine

The Falcon Menace 10x42 is pretty good for the money and well in your budget, I have used one on my Anschutz .17 for a few years with great results. The MP20 reticule is fine enough for long head shots, my only negative is the target turrets which have been knocked during transport over rough ground.