Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Threads getting out of hand - Not just SD!

Threads getting out of hand - Not just SD!

I'm in the market for a cheap spotting scope for the range, and found myself on a bird watching forum.

"Ok," thinks I, "they probably use spotting scopes as much, if not more than most shooters, so there has to be some good advice here". And that was my schoolboy error.

It would be funny if there weren't similarities to so many threads on here - I'm as guilty as some, but less so than others - and this should be a lesson to us all. How many folks come on here as guests, looking for intel, and walk into stuff like this.

I want to buy a spotting scope for target shooting - BirdForum

Just to clarify: This isn't me as the OP in the birdforum thread... I just walked into the sh*tstorm that some other poor s*d had created!!
    Last edited by I. Farticus; 09-06-2013 at 15:20. Reason: Clarification
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

I restricted myself to just page one, by this time I had laughed so hard I couldn't envisage moving to page two!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

if you didnt get a spotter pm me i have x2 spare.

Holy ****!
    I almost wet myself reading all this ********.....
    People's hobbies are more their measure's than are their jobs.

Ye Gods!
    I lost the will to live halfway down the first page
    I feel I ought to apologise as a very keen birdwatcher of some 30 years - They/we are not all like that honestly
    BTW I have seen some 60 x magnification cheap scopes on Amazon Not optically fantastic but adequate for targets - but if you are looking for Spoon-billed Sandpipers on the mudflats of Eastern Thailand........

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    That makes for sad, but perhaps not unsurprising, reading.

BTW, if you're still looking for a cheap spotting scope I have an old Kowa with interchangeable eyepieces that I no longer use.

Also a Pentax spotting scope: http://www.rockycameras.com/pentax-spotting-scope-500-boxed--rare-nice-can-be-used-as-500mm-lens--14999-24926-p.asp

willie_gunn
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Two sides to your post.

You would have probably been given credible help without any fuss by simply not mentioning your a shooter.

Equally, you could assume what a bunch of pansies as you had only mentioned target shooting.

Would you go on a anti's site and as a first post ask does anybody have any permission going for bashing bambi's?

First time posters on here it seems are treated by a fair few as having just started out in stalking for some reason despite having been shooting for years.

Does somebody with 20 posts know less about deer and their management than somebody with 4000 posts.

Forums, great for a laugh sometimes
    Blessed be the sheeple for they shall inherit bugger all...

I shouldn't ask but did you not think this might happen? Got to say tho it gave me a right laugh, seems there are extremes on all forums!
    LET HE WHO IS WITHOUT SIN CAST THE FIRST STONE & PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE!

Sorry, entirely my fault for not being clear.

This isn't me as the OP in the birdforum thread... I just walked into the sh*tstorm that some other poor s*d had created!!
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

If that's the way they react on Bird Forum it does make some of our discussions look rather tame. atb Tim